Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was sick of using the half shield that doubles asa sun visor under the clear shield of my Schuberth C4 helmet so I bought a tinted blue shield. The visor is made of scratch-resistant polycarbonate .plus has the pin lock so it is anti fog as a bonus .Might look dark from the out side but so clear looking out side with full vision.
IMG_0830.jpg

·
Bronze member
1,603 Posts
I was sick of using the half shield that doubles asa sun visor under the clear shield of my Schuberth C4 helmet so I bought a tinted blue shield. The visor is made of scratch-resistant polycarbonate .plus has the pin lock so it is anti fog as a bonus .Might look dark from the out side but so clear looking out side with full vision. View attachment 515594
Is it a Schuberth product? Any UV properties?

Sent from my LG-US996 using Tapatalk

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
How pricey, Geoff?
Hink here in Australia with the coms and Sc1 Remote control for the handle bars, it cost me $1,400.00 Australian and that was when our dollar was close to around 79 or 82 cents to your dollar now at around 60 cents exchange rate it would be more.It is the most I ever paid for a helmet but also the most comfy one.I think I paid $750.00 for the Shoei Neotec

·
Super Moderator
12,104 Posts
I have the Schuberth C3 Pro for my road trips and dealing with rain. My everyday lid is the Indian half-bucket. Last year my then-new Schuberth went flying off the bike cuz I forgot to cinch the chin-strap on the underlying cargo net. It scratched up the face plate, tore off the top wind deflector unit, and gouged up the helmet real good. My helmet now has “character” (as I told julie when she suggested I replace it). I had to duct-tape that top deflector area since (as I found out during our first torrential downpour on our most recent road trip) it allows rain in (duhhhh....)

My replacement face plate cost me $69 USD (clear). How much is the iridium one that you got?

·
Bronze member
2,754 Posts
Discussion Starter #8 (Edited)
I have the Schuberth C3 Pro for my road trips and dealing with rain. My everyday lid is the Indian half-bucket. Last year my then-new Schuberth went flying off the bike cuz I forgot to cinch the chin-strap on the underlying cargo net. It scratched up the face plate, tore off the top wind deflector unit, and gouged up the helmet real good. My helmet now has “character” (as I told julie when she suggested I replace it). I had to duct-tape that top deflector area since (as I found out during our first torrential downpour on our most recent road trip) it allows rain in (duhhhh....)

My replacement face plate cost me $69 USD (clear). How much is the iridium one that you got?
It was $110.00 Australian dollars, which would be close to what your saying your clear one was. Hink I have both now and too be honest the clear one is more practical for everyone, but the Blue one is great in the sun light.I would not wear it towards the end or early mornings .But wow in direct bright light it works so well.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts