Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 1039 Posts

·
Founding member
439 Posts
Welcome! I am guessing you work for Bassani? Good to hear that you are asking for input. Sweepers or 2 into 1 would be nice.

·
Registered
181 Posts
Hey Guys, I am new on here. I need input on exhaust style ideas for the Scout. What are you guys liking for a slip on muffler.

You can get some idea about the kinds of things people here are looking for in exhaust by looking at the Trask Parts and Scout Performance Exhaust threads. Different strokes for different folks. Some want a louder note, some are after a cleaner look, some want more performance or all of the above. I'm guessing the Silver Smoke guys are going to like the brushed look of those slip-ons. For me, it's performance first and a nice sound certainly helps. Are you talking just mufflers or complete systems? 2-int-1? Black? Any performance stats?

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
We did talk about a 2 into 1 originally but have made up these slip ons first. Any further input is appreciated.

·
Registered
1,132 Posts
Don't look too bad. Need to work with saddlebags. Not too loud.
Chrome?

·
Registered
2,193 Posts
Another vote for Road Rage 2-1 mid length !!

Reactions: adeehr

·
Registered
168 Posts
I dream of a classic styled 2 in 1 with an awesome fishtail to go with the Scout, not longer than the bike, not to low to scrape the streets.

·
Registered
86 Posts
I second a WOD exhaust in stainless. I'd love to see something board travk inspired- similar to the Roland Sands chief. A titanium or stainless option of the "swept" exhaust would be great too.

·
Founding Member
1,929 Posts
Fantastic! Love to see manufacturer's taking an active interest in this forum to try to make what the customers want!

Nice looking slip on's, I would allow baffle changes, or the ability to order with different baffles to accommodate both the quiet-seeking guys and the max performance crowd as well. Thanks for asking and good luck with your Scout products!

·
Registered
1,312 Posts
Now I don't have a Scout but I have the Chieftain. When I look at the photo...my first question is why not chrome as well as the brushed color? The body paint and the engine being flat colored (on your example) just makes the chrome pop. Listen to the sounds made by the V&H for the Chieftain. No louder than that would be the proper sound. Offer the a choice of slip on as well as 2 into 1. Check them with the available saddlebags and I think you have a product people would buy.

Semper Fi,
Z

·
Registered
194 Posts
I am looking for a nice slick 2 in 1 that allows me to use the rear passenger pegs and also is available in matte black, to match my bike :)
I second this, but y'all should also make a chrome option, or a chrome to black. Basically though, a 2-1 that lets me carry a passenger and use saddlebags would make you my new favorite person. :D

·
Registered
115 Posts
I like the shotgun style just a wee bit larger then the header pipe in chrome. Either no end cap or a small fishtail would look cool.
A nice deep rumble and not really loud. Thanks Pipeguy I really appreciate that you are asking what we think.

·
Registered
430 Posts
What are you guys liking for a slip on muffler.
What you have showing only a tad shorter if possible.
Otherwise I've been waiting for your Road Rage for the Scout. That would be ideal.

·
Registered
672 Posts
I like that look, would be interested in what a few other options would look like with my thunder black.... someday, maybe. Looks like you've opened a door for yourself here. Good luck.

·
Registered
738 Posts
JMHO, BUT for those of us familiar with other types of bikes, how about typing a few more letters and skipping the acronyms so we can be part of the conversation? For example , WOD? Thanks.

·
Registered
458 Posts
Definitely need black options. Looks good with that silver on silver though!

1 - 20 of 1039 Posts