Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all, I'm a new (Few months now) owner of a 2017 Chief Dark Horse and absolutely love this bike. I have spent the last few months on a few mods, mainly:

• New Headlight & Driving Lights (LED)
  • New Smoked turn signals (Radiantz)
  • New Turn Down Vance and Hines Slip Ons
  • New Monster Sucker Air Cleaner
  • PV3 Tuning by Fuel Moto
  • New OEM hard Saddlebags (ebay knockoffs)
  • New American Custom catless header
  • Highway and Saddlebag bars
  • New Lower Air deflectors
Just picked up a set of used Stage 2 Indian Cams and will get those installed soon, was going to go with Lloydz but will wait as these were a good deal and the Indian dealers here in Northern Virginia wont touch anything non Indian (I had to twist their arm to install the lightly used Indian Cams). If anyone knows of any independent shops that are good on Indians, pls let me know.

Anyway, attached are some pics of my DH and thanks for having me.

Phil..
20190826_121231745_iOS.jpg
20190826_121237950_iOS.jpg
20190826_121139580_iOS.jpg

20190826_121231745_iOS.jpg
20190826_121237950_iOS.jpg

·
Living the dream!
267 Posts
Man, I am seriously digging the look. I may be "borrowing" a couple of your mods for my RM.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks all for the kind welcome... One thing that is slightly 'bugging' me is the lack of windshield on freeway trips, I took a 4 hour ride through Virginia this past weekend, absolutely glorious through the countryside and mountains!! However, the way back was a direct 60 mile run on I66 back towards DC. My buddies were flying along at 75-80 and I just couldn't keep up, the buffeting and wind pressure on the body was just exhausting, not to mention the bug strikes:(. They all have fairings on their Harley Fergusons:p and didn't have any issues, so I just slowed it down to 60 and solo'd it home.

I have the lowers which I think has helped but I guess I need to pony up on the quick release windshield for those longer rides, but hell its almost $600 and I know I'll need to replace the actual windshield with something from Freedom Shields, which puts the cost at $800....Thats a bitter pill to swallow...

·
Drag me down and let me burn forever!
730 Posts
do you have the seller for the hard bags by chance?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
do you have the seller for the hard bags by chance?
This is what I purchased: Matte Black Saddle Bags Electronic Latch For Indian Chieftain 2014-18 Dark Horse | eBay

I offered $515 and they accepted, not saying they will for you but that's what I got it for. The Buy it now price though was about like $575 when I offered that. Overall I'm very happy, installed the 12V in the right bag last night and that works all fine and have the saddlebag switch on order. I will say the finish isn't as good as OEM, not close, it will take some level of buffing to get some of the marks out and give it a little more of a satin look like OEM, a small trade off though for the price difference. There is another thread around here about modifying the feet on each bag using washers. this is so that they sit on the Chief exhausts without the TABS, that's what I did and it works well. I have removed them several times and there is no burning or problems with them sitting on the slip-on's.

·
Registered
133 Posts
Thanks all for the kind welcome... One thing that is slightly 'bugging' me is the lack of windshield on freeway trips, I took a 4 hour ride through Virginia this past weekend, absolutely glorious through the countryside and mountains!! However, the way back was a direct 60 mile run on I66 back towards DC. My buddies were flying along at 75-80 and I just couldn't keep up, the buffeting and wind pressure on the body was just exhausting, not to mention the bug strikes:(. They all have fairings on their Harley Fergusons:p and didn't have any issues, so I just slowed it down to 60 and solo'd it home.

I have the lowers which I think has helped but I guess I need to pony up on the quick release windshield for those longer rides, but hell its almost $600 and I know I'll need to replace the actual windshield with something from Freedom Shields, which puts the cost at $800....Thats a bitter pill to swallow...
Check out indianaftermarket. I picked up screen and frame from them and solved the problem

·
Registered
204 Posts
Very good looking Dark Horse! Welcome to the tribe from Eastern NC.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi all, I'm a new (Few months now) owner of a 2017 Chief Dark Horse and absolutely love this bike. I have spent the last few months on a few mods, mainly:

• New Headlight & Driving Lights (LED)
  • New Smoked turn signals (Radiantz)
  • New Turn Down Vance and Hines Slip Ons
  • New Monster Sucker Air Cleaner
  • PV3 Tuning by Fuel Moto
  • New OEM hard Saddlebags (ebay knockoffs)
  • New American Custom catless header
  • Highway and Saddlebag bars
  • New Lower Air deflectors
Just picked up a set of used Stage 2 Indian Cams and will get those installed soon, was going to go with Lloydz but will wait as these were a good deal and the Indian dealers here in Northern Virginia wont touch anything non Indian (I had to twist their arm to install the lightly used Indian Cams). If anyone knows of any independent shops that are good on Indians, pls let me know.

Anyway, attached are some pics of my DH and thanks for having me.

Phil.. View attachment 520724 View attachment 520726 View attachment 520730

View attachment 520724 View attachment 520726

Sweet Ride!!! I just bought a 2019 Dark horse in Aug. I live in Northern VA too...the mods are awesome I will definitely get some. Do you know any good shops who have good experience with Indians?

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Sweet Ride!!! I just bought a 2019 Dark horse in Aug. I live in Northern VA too...the mods are awesome I will definitely get some. Do you know any good shops who have good experience with Indians?
No I have not found any yet and like you I really want to!!! MOD in Sterling have no interest in anything Non OEM, Chesapeake are pretty much the same. I think Indian Fredericksburg may get into it, otherwise I know Indian Charlotte will do Lloydz work for sure but thats too far. There are a couple of old Victory shops in the NoVa area and I think they are also starting to dabble. If I find something I will post here, hopefully others will too. If you ever want any advice, planning to go to any meetups or want to ride at the weekend (I ride with some Harley guys) then let me know. I think we have a run from Northern VA to Charlottesville coming up in October.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts