Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 34 Posts

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hey gang,
Looooooooooooong time member, first time poster because I still don’t have an Indian yet. Life has been getting in the way, but I know it’s coming.

Anyway, I discovered today that Colorado Springs is getting an Indian dealership and it will be about 10 minutes from where I live, so I’m pretty stoked. It’s in a good location right off of I-25 and the new owners are avid riders, so I’m thinking it should do well.

It will be the fifth in the state and its central location will make it nice for those riding to, from, and though Colorado. The link to an article I found is below, and I plan on being at their grand opening. It will be nice not have to drive an hour for a demo day like I did over a week ago (Indian Motorcycle of Denver), and even better when I have my own

Ride safe.
Travis

Indian Motorcycle dealership moving into former Italian restaurant in Colorado Springs

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Hey gang,
Looooooooooooong time member, first time poster because I still don’t have an Indian yet. Life has been getting in the way, but I know it’s coming.

Anyway, I discovered today that Colorado Springs is getting an Indian dealership and it will be about 10 minutes from where I live, so I’m pretty stoked. It’s in a good location right off of I-25 and the new owners are avid riders, so I’m thinking it should do well.

It will be the fifth in the state and it’s central location will make it nice for those riding to, from, and though Colorado. The link to an article I found is below, and I plan on being at their grand opening. It will be nice not have to drive an hour for a demo day like I did over a week ago (Indian Motorcycle of Denver), and even better when I have my own

Ride safe.
Travis

Indian Motorcycle dealership moving into former Italian restaurant in Colorado Springs
You can get a good deal at the trans opening. I did that about 3 years ago, about $2500 off sticker then another $1000 for being a veteran.

I think the veteran/first responder discount is $750 these days.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can get a good deal at the trans opening. I did that about 3 years ago, about $2500 off sticker then another $1000 for being a veteran.

I think the veteran/first responder discount is $750 these days.
Cool. I thought the Veteran discount was only for active and retired. I’m an Army veteran, and did 5 years active and three inactive.

·
Rider
874 Posts
The company I work for has a site here in Ohio and a sister site out in Colorado springs. One of my counterparts who is also an Indian owner couldn't wait to tell me there would be a dealership closer to our campus. Can't wait to stop in there when I'm in Colorado on business next time!

·
Bronze member
1,728 Posts
I’m surprised that Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza never took on the Indian brand. They had quite the Victory showroom at one time.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I’m surprised that Rocky Mountain Cycle Plaza never took on the Indian brand. They had quite the Victory showroom at one time.
Me too, Dave. I got the impression from their old sales manager (retired now) that the franchise buy in was more than the owners (nice people) were willing to spend, and there were some issues with the building they’re currently in. It’s actually an old movie theater, and I was told they would have had to build a new stand alone building if they wanted to be an Indian dealer.

Probably better in the long run though. RMCP is too far from I-25 to be convenient, and they’re not in the best part of town.

·
Bronze member
1,728 Posts
Me too, Dave. I got the impression from their old sales manager (retired now) that the franchise buy in was more than the owners (nice people) were willing to spend, and there were some issues with the building they’re currently in. It’s actually an old movie theater, and I was told they would have had to build a new stand alone building if they wanted to be an Indian dealer.

Probably better in the long run though. RMCP is too far from I-25 to be convenient, and they’re not in the best part of town.
The owners are nice people. They have allowed me to park my truck and trailer in their side lot several times over the years while we were out that way.
I wasn’t sure about the neighborhood, there always seemed to be sketchy people wandering around up on the hill above the lot. But fortunately we never had an issue.

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
great the more indian dealerships that open are a super win for us. That is prob the only negative feed back i get from my HD owner friends.
But one question u joined in 2014. . only few post , did u take a 5 yr vacation lol now go get yourself an indian an enjoy life like the rest of us. take care.

·
Registered
107 Posts
That's great news. Have been going to the Indian dealer in Pueblo and getting great service but will be nice having one nearby.

Thanks for the info Travis, and thanks for your service.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
great the more indian dealerships that open are a super win for us. That is prob the only negative feed back i get from my HD owner friends.
But one question u joined in 2014. . only few post , did u take a 5 yr vacation lol now go get yourself an indian an enjoy life like the rest of us. take care.
Haha, just an unplanned 5 year vacation from a new Indian so far, but I’m hoping to remedy that soon. Thought it may happen last year at this time, but I bought a new JL Wrangler instead as it was more necessary at the time.

Been hooked on Indian since they were “ReBorn” by Polaris, and actually drove from the Springs to Lincoln, Nebraska, for the first demo days there in September of 2013 because Colorado didn’t have any dealers back then. Wife and kids went to Disneyland instead. I’m a fan of many motorcycles though, and have no issues owning a Harley, BMW, Triumph, etc. too.

Anyways, I follow this forum weekly and go to demo days when I can to keep the dream going until I’m able to park a new Roadmaster next to my ST1300. And there should still be room for an Adventure bike on the other side after that

So many good bikes, not enough garage space.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
That's great news. Have been going to the Indian dealer in Pueblo and getting great service but will be nice having one nearby.

Thanks for the info Travis, and thanks for your service.
Good deal, glad to hear you’ve been getting great service there. I like Indian Motorcycle of the Rockies (Grand Prix Motorsports) in Denver for their selection and staff (especially when they had the gun store upstairs), but I haven’t heard good things about their service department and the reviews online seem to confirm it. Indian of Denver (G-Force Powersports) and the one in Ft. Collins are supposedly really good though, so Colorado is definitely in better shape dealer-wise than some other states.

·
Registered
588 Posts
Hey gang,

It will be the fifth in the state and its central location will make it nice for those riding to, from, and though Colorado. The link to an article I found is below, and I plan on being at their grand opening. It will be nice not have to drive an hour for a demo day like I did over a week ago (Indian Motorcycle of Denver), and even better when I have my own

Ride safe.
Travis

ReBorn,

Welcome to the forum, albeit a few years late for my welcome??

At any rate, I am glad to see another dealer, I hope they make it.

Now go get yourself a new ride.....LOL.

4T

·
Registered
11 Posts

Have you been in RMCP recently? The building is looking very beat up. Maybe they were about to start remodeling when I was there a month ago, but I didn't see any construction equipment. The place looked bad. I wouldn't be surprised if Indian would have required them to really remodel the place.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Good deal, glad to hear you’ve been getting great service there. I like Indian Motorcycle of the Rockies (Grand Prix Motorsports) in Denver for their selection and staff (especially when they had the gun store upstairs), but I haven’t heard good things about their service department and the reviews online seem to confirm it. Indian of Denver (G-Force Powersports) and the one in Ft. Collins are supposedly really good though, so Colorado is definitely in better shape dealer-wise than some other states.
Bought my Scout Bobber from Grand Prix. I can't recommend them enough! I think I spoke to just about everyone there and they were all fantastic people. Just a shame they are in Denver and chapter meetings are at 9am. I have high hopes for this new dealer in the Springs.

·
Registered
79 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Have you been in RMCP recently? The building is looking very beat up. Maybe they were about to start remodeling when I was there a month ago, but I didn't see any construction equipment. The place looked bad. I wouldn't be surprised if Indian would have required them to really remodel the place.
No, it’s been about a year. I’ll have to stop and see what’s going on.
Bought my Scout Bobber from Grand Prix. I can't recommend them enough! I think I spoke to just about everyone there and they were all fantastic people. Just a shame they are in Denver and chapter meetings are at 9am. I have high hopes for this new dealer in the Springs.
Glad to hear it. Good inventory and friendly staff. Rob and Birdman are good dudes.

1 - 20 of 34 Posts