Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
283 Posts
And you’re happy with the results so far? It looks great and doesn’t take anything away from the bike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've only had it a couple of days, but it seems to help at high speeds. It does not keep wind (or bugs) off my helmet, but it seems to prevent the constant force off of my body. I put the shield up as high as I could. All the mounting hardware and the shield itself seems first rate.

·
Rider
853 Posts
I am impressed with mine, it does a lot more than you would expect from looking at it. I went with the dark one, which IMO looks quite nice. Up to about 70 it's pretty good. I wear full face helmet and it is a bug magnet, but I really don't feel excessive pressure, the helmet is properly aerodynamic.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I put the Marlin on my Scout 60. I love the look but it didn't help that much in terms of reducing wind impact on my body at 60 mph. I'm 6'2", maybe that's the reason.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I've only had it a couple of days, but it seems to help at high speeds. It does not keep wind (or bugs) off my helmet, but it seems to prevent the constant force off of my body. I put the shield up as high as I could. All the mounting hardware and the shield itself seems first rate.
Any updates or regrets on the Marlin now? Looks good on the Scout!

·
Registered
37 Posts
I'll jump in, with nothing on the bike I could ride all I wanted at 60 mph or less and didn't feel like the wind was giving me a pounding. At 65 to 70 I felt a significant amount of force against my chest. I slapped on the dart Marlin and was able to go 80mph without a problem. I also mounted mine up as far as I could, I'm five nine, wear a full face helmet with no difficulty cutting through the wind with it on. I'm very happy with the results.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Not at this point. It probably helps that I'm short, but it definitely made it easier to ride at 60+ MPH.

·
Registered
7 Posts
I'll jump in, with nothing on the bike I could ride all I wanted at 60 mph or less and didn't feel like the wind was giving me a pounding. At 65 to 70 I felt a significant amount of force against my chest. I slapped on the dart Marlin and was able to go 80mph without a problem. I also mounted mine up as far as I could, I'm five nine, wear a full face helmet with no difficulty cutting through the wind with it on. I'm very happy with the results.
Looking at either the Marlin or one of the Memphis Shades...Have been riding a big touring bike for 19 years and downsized last month to the Scout 60 and would like some wind protection but keeping it in a minimalist style. I am same height as you and its OK up to 60-70 but too much buffeting IMHO.
Thanks for your input.!

1 - 20 of 27 Posts