Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
That is a good looking saddle. It goes great with all of the other leather you have.

·
Founding member
1,505 Posts
That's the first steel gray and maroon bike I've seen that I like. Just didn't care for that color combination. Plus I've always been a black leather man. But the brown leather set up you have there really makes that bike look good. Almost makes me want one.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Dude that looks great! Have you taken any longer rides with it? How many hours does it take before your back side starts to tell you to take a break?
Dude that looks great! Have you taken any longer rides with it? How many hours does it take before your back side starts to tell you to take a break?
Not really. I’m doing 1 hour rides now, but I don’t feel any uncomfortable stiffness to it as some have said. Really like it.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
That's the first steel gray and maroon bike I've seen that I like. Just didn't care for that color combination. Plus I've always been a black leather man. But the brown leather set up you have there really makes that bike look good. Almost makes me want one.
Thanks man. I know what you mean. The more leather I put on it (not too much) the better!

·
Bronze member
2,021 Posts
I have had Corbin seats on my bikes for almost three decades now. The Dual Touring on my Roadmaster is the first one that required zero break-in. I rode 500 mile days for a week right after I installed it.

I don’t know how anyone can live with the stock seat. And that’s too bad because Polaris stuck some money into that seat and it does look good.

·
Rider
939 Posts
I have had Corbin seats on my bikes for almost three decades now. The Dual Touring on my Roadmaster is the first one that required zero break-in. I rode 500 mile days for a week right after I installed it.

I don’t know how anyone can live with the stock seat. And that’s too bad because Polaris stuck some money into that seat and it does look good.
I'll tell ya the stock seat is uncomfortable after about an hour and almost unbearable after 2.5 to 3 hours without making a stop. I've been trying to decide what to do. Go with Corbin or a custom seat from Bill Mayer seats or Russell Day long. I hear Russell seats are not what they used to be.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
I'll tell ya the stock seat is uncomfortable after about an hour and almost unbearable after 2.5 to 3 hours without making a stop. I've been trying to decide what to do. Go with Corbin or a custom seat from Bill Mayer seats or Russell Day long. I hear Russell seats are not what they used to be.
My stock was 3 years old and I was really starting to feel it. Even after 45 minutes, so I started looking around. I haven’t heard of Bill Mayer but Russell Day long has a good reputation. I’ve had Mustang, La Pera and now a Corbin. My favorite now is Corbin.

·
Rider
620 Posts
Gunna chime in as I got a Corbin on mine too (heated and cooled though) and I went from about 45 minutes to an hour on the stock one before I started hurting bad and with the Corbin I did a 4 hour ride and only just felt stiff after getting off, didn't really hurt. They do take quite a bit of riding to break in though so do be aware of that.

·
Rider
939 Posts
Gunna chime in as I got a Corbin on mine too (heated and cooled though) and I went from about 45 minutes to an hour on the stock one before I started hurting bad and with the Corbin I did a 4 hour ride and only just felt stiff after getting off, didn't really hurt. They do take quite a bit of riding to break in though so do be aware of that.
Does the cooling actually work? Sounds kind of gimmicky to me. Also I think I heard there is only one heat setting instead of a high and low like the original. Is that true? If so how well does it work in comparison to the original heated seat?

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
626 Posts
I have cooled seats in My 2500 High Country. Not male anatomy friendly! Remember the old adage "freeze yer [email protected] off?"

·
Rider
620 Posts
Does the cooling actually work? Sounds kind of gimmicky to me. Also I think I heard there is only one heat setting instead of a high and low like the original. Is that true? If so how well does it work in comparison to the original heated seat?
Far from gimicky. At some point the heat outside is, hot is just hot and it isn't going to help but everything below 95ish it helps a lot. It uses thermal electric cooling and takes about 15-20F off of the seat. Last summer I did a big ride with a bunch of guys needing to stand up at the stop lights and let their asses cool off while I was still sitting down laughing at them. It's 80F out now and I just got back from an hour ride in sunlight, everything but my buttcrack and manbits were hot lol.

Yes there's only 1 heat setting, hot. It warms up your butt plenty. and is good down into the 30s. 20s and the seat won't be able to really keep up.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
I hear you on the “break in” part of a Corbin. That’s what surprised me. It feels comfortable already. I’ve heard people say everything from comfortable to “felt like a brick”. Even the Corbin website warns you about a 1500 mile break in. Maybe I was ready for the worst, but I’m already loving it.

1 - 20 of 26 Posts