Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone, just purchased a new 2014 Chieftan. I test drove them in September during the demo tour, couldn't get it out of my head. Yesterday my wife said to me, let's get it done, so we did. We both started riding 8 years ago and love it. This is a big upgrade from my Shadow, which has been a flawless bike. Now I need to find my wife a new bike as well.
Its a little cold and snowy in Mn right now so it will be awhile until I pick her up from the dealer. It's gonna be a long winter!

Attachments

·
Rider
1,101 Posts
Congrats on the new ride. Pretty two tone paint job. Is that a 2015 color choice or a custom job? When the dust settles you should get the lil woman a Scout.

·
Registered
792 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks,
The dealer had it painted at a local shop. My wife test drove the Scout. It's a pretty sporty ride, but she's looking for more of a cruiser/ touring bike that doesn't weigh quite as much as the Chieftan.

·
Registered
43 Posts
Congrats on the beautiful bike!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Hi everyone, just purchased a new 2014 Chieftan. I test drove them in September during the demo tour, couldn't get it out of my head. Yesterday my wife said to me, let's get it done, so we did. We both started riding 8 years ago and love it. This is a big upgrade from my Shadow, which has been a flawless bike. Now I need to find my wife a new bike as well.
Its a little cold and snowy in Mn right now so it will be awhile until I pick her up from the dealer. It's gonna be a long winter!
Congrats on the Chieftain, she looks beautiful. Enjoy :D

·
Registered
419 Posts
Great color combo!!
I know what you mean about not getting them outta your head. We were in Sturgis in 2013 for the debut of the new Indian.
When they rode those 6 bikes up on stage it was all over, I was hooked.
Then came the demo ride, it was like sex or drugs couldn't get enough!

·
Registered
129 Posts
Nice bike! I did the same thing, test ride Sept, order Dec, deliver January! I'm getting excited, only ten days until I pick it up. I went for the Indian Red but I'm considering a custom paint job.....time will tell.
Enjoy the ride

·
Registered
335 Posts
John Hunter I tell any of my friends that are looking at buying a bike to NOT test drive an Indian unless you are prepared to buy one. You will not regret the purchase. Congratulations.

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Very nice bike, I also was hooked and bought a 2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain, love the colors and chrome and overall looks, especially after adding a Cee Bailey's smoked windscreen in place of the factory shield.

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
You will enjoy. nice choice

·
Founding member
734 Posts
Beautiful bike. Dang, I just have the blue one. Your gonna love it when it warms up. I put 8600 miles on since I picked mine up on May 17th. Should have waited for the two tones. Enjoy your new ride.
Tom

·
Founding member
734 Posts
Very nice bike, I also was hooked and bought a 2015 Blue and Ivory Chieftain, love the colors and chrome and overall looks, especially after adding a Cee Bailey's smoked windscreen in place of the factory shield.
Could you post a front picture of your chieftain with the smoked screen please. And what size did you get?
Thanks
Tom

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Could you post a front picture of your chieftain with the smoked screen please. And what size did you get?
Thanks
Tom
As soon as I get it back from the shop, having a trailer hitch and wiring harness installed.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Congratulations... I love my 14. There is a lot of good stuff buried in this forum on key fobs,knowing new pin etc. I have done a few things but this bike is great stock....sorry about the cold weather but spring will show you what you have bought each time you ride. I found front tire and rear go up about 6 pounds on front and 7 on back. If light goes on you may find you are around 35 and the light goes off in a few miles...

·
Registered
7,995 Posts
Love my 2015 Chieftain, never been a HD fan, here is more reason.

Indian-Chieftain-Harley-Davidson-Street-Glide.jpg

1 - 17 of 17 Posts