Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Vendor / bronze
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
This is a new product we are offering. It is made by the same people that make the cast horn cover for the 111 bikes. Very high quality cast aluminum alloy that won't corrode and is highly polished. Only $85 plus shipping. LINK: https://www.indianaftermarket.com/cast-scout-derby-cover.html This cover plate replaces the engine cover plate that says Indian on it on the side of the engine as shown in the photo. It fits on Scouts and Bobber. They will be available the first week of Sept. 2019. You can order now to get one from the first batch.
Cast Scout Derby cover.jpg

Scout derby polished.jpg

·
Registered
113 Posts
I'm not very mechanically inclined when it comes to bikes, so this is probably a dumb question lol.

What's behind that cover? Meaning, does something need to be drained to replace it, or is it just a quick pop n swap?

Either way, I absolutely have to have one of these... my dad and stepmom were in a charity MC called the Dream Weavers, and the dream catcher was their club's logo... they were killed (on their bike) about 6 years ago by a drunk driver, which was before I started riding, so I never got to ride with him.

This would be a perfect addition to my Bobber...

·
Bronze member
1,794 Posts
I'm not very mechanically inclined when it comes to bikes, so this is probably a dumb question lol.

What's behind that cover? Meaning, does something need to be drained to replace it, or is it just a quick pop n swap?

Either way, I absolutely have to have one of these... my dad and stepmom were in a charity MC called the Dream Weavers, and the dream catcher was their club's logo... they were killed (on their bike) about 6 years ago by a drunk driver, which was before I started riding, so I never got to ride with him.

This would be a perfect addition to my Bobber...
Had me curious too, so I searched for the answer. Found one. Well, not a worded answer, a picture.

Apparently those clutch covers have a large embossed scripted letter I (same as Indian name) behind there, much to my surprise.
No openings other than the pair of screw holes for the "badge"; or any aftermarket one, of which there are several.
So I would have to say no oil gets out, and no access to anything else behind there.

·
Registered
231 Posts
If I can put on my Cliff (from CHEERS) hat, and not ruffle too many feathers.... That's not a dream catcher. It is a representation of a quilled Medicine Wheel usually showing the four directions. Much more appropriate for a motorcycle than a dream catcher anyway. No matter what you call it, it looks great!

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,336 Posts
Love It .. Would even put that on a Harley .. :)

·
Registered
113 Posts
Had me curious too, so I searched for the answer. Found one. Well, not a worded answer, a picture.

Apparently those clutch covers have a large embossed scripted letter I (same as Indian name) behind there, much to my surprise.
No openings other than the pair of screw holes for the "badge"; or any aftermarket one, of which there are several.
So I would have to say no oil gets out, and no access to anything else behind there.
Yes, but this isn't just the round badge in the center, it's the entire clutch cover.

The service manual shows removal of this cover as part of servicing the primary drive, which includes removing the exhaust system, but I don't think that needs to be done if only removing the cover (might need an extension to get to the bottom bolts, though).

At a minimum, I'd say draining the oil and disconnecting the clutch cable will be required, and possibly replacing the cover gasket if it's a no-no to reuse them.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #10 (Edited)
Ok, I just spoke with the man that makes these. It will be available in all black (special order) or black with chrome feathers. They will be available early Sept.AND>>>> you can simply change this out. You don't have to drain your oil or do anything special. No gasket involved.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Ok, so if the oil doesn't need to be drained, then this is just the round center insert?

I assumed it was the entire cover, but I suppose the picture could just be the new insert installed on a matching cover.

I still want it, regardless lol.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I have not installed one myself. I am told that removing the OEM cover there is a dry plate behind that. So the oil is still sealed.

·
Registered
113 Posts
Got mine today! (shipping delayed thanks to our pal Hurricane Dorian lol).

Quick and easy 2 minute job. No gaskets or oil to worry about, as this is just the circular center logo plate for the clutch cover.

I love it! Added just the right amount of bling!

P.S. Ignore the messy shop... it's still a tornado in there since the in-laws visited recently and gave us some wood working lessons (too many new saws taking up MY shop lol).

·
Bronze member
1,956 Posts
This is a new product we are offering. It is made by the same people that make the cast horn cover for the 111 bikes. Very high quality cast aluminum alloy that won't corrode and is highly polished. Only $85 plus shipping. LINK: https://www.indianaftermarket.com/cast-scout-derby-cover.html This cover plate replaces the engine cover plate that says Indian on it on the side of the engine as shown in the photo. It fits on Scouts and Bobber. They will be available the first week of Sept. 2019. You can order now to get one from the first batch.
View attachment 521098
View attachment 521096
That,s sharp as hell---

·
Registered
861 Posts
Got mine today! (shipping delayed thanks to our pal Hurricane Dorian lol).

Quick and easy 2 minute job. No gaskets or oil to worry about, as this is just the circular center logo plate for the clutch cover.

I love it! Added just the right amount of bling!

P.S. Ignore the messy shop... it's still a tornado in there since the in-laws visited recently and gave us some wood working lessons (too many new saws taking up MY shop lol).

It would look better matte black on a Bobber.

·
Vendor / bronze
2,849 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I can order a dull black with chrome tinted edges for the same price. It might take a few weeks to get it.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts