Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I wrote here before about the "feature" that came with my bike where getting a solid jolt in the road caused the cruise control to shut off. Now I have the "extended feature" where a jolt causes my sound system to turn on and off. Sometimes, it just causes the music to skip like an old record player. Ahhhh, Indian. So innovative!

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Could be a grounding issue, or it could be a problem in the main wiring harnesses connectors. With the new problem, if it were myself, I'd unplug and reseat the connectors that supply the troubled accessories. jm2c

·
Registered
476 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Could be a grounding issue, or it could be a problem in the main wiring harnesses connectors. With the new problem, if it were myself, I'd unplug and reseat the connectors that supply the troubled accessories. jm2c
I agree. I wonder how I can find those critters.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Start at the left side cover fuse block, there's one plug under it, check the fuses for seating too, then work your way out(seat has to come off). Don't think I'd mess with the VCM plugs, but that's just me. Wouldn't want to cause a problem while looking for one. :oops::eek:

·
Registered
2,270 Posts
yup cause a prob looking for cause of another. an that's just another reason i keep a extended warranty, let them deal with that. i learn that lesson yrs ago taking a carb apart cos of a sticky float, ended up taking gas tank off rebuilding carb

1 - 5 of 5 Posts