Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I have the new bobber, and a day ago I watched my helmet slide off of my seat while I was unlocking my disc lock. Maybe that's a rookie mistake, but what the heck do you do with your helmet while you unlock and gear up? I have been riding a while but not with a seat as narrow as this one. Not real comfortable hanging it on a mirror.

·
Registered
293 Posts
I made the habit of putting it on first, as I've ruined many a face shield, otherwise, hang it on the high side throttle grip, unless you have to straighten the bars to get the disk lock off?

·
Founding member / silver
5,066 Posts
Lots of options.
Put it on first
put it on the mirror (not sure why you're not comfortable but it's a common way to keep it from falling)
Hook the strap like you would when you wear it then use that to hang it from the handlebars or footpeg
Use the helmet bag to hang it from the handlebars or footpeg
Put it on the ground beside the bike

·
Registered
1,776 Posts
Just my opinion, but hanging it on mirror or throttle is a bad idea. It doesn't take much for it to slip off and hit the tank. I hang mine from the foot pegs or floorboards.

·
Founding member
413 Posts
Throw your helmet as high as you can, quickly remove the disc lock, then catch the helmet. You'll solve your problem and look really cool at the same time. If it's a half helmet, you might be able to catch it with your head, with practice.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hang mine on the left passenger peg. It hangs just high enough to keep it off the ground and on the other side of the exhaust

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Try this. I do it all the time on my Scout 60.
Thank for sharing Fast Eddie, watch him all the time, I have used the mirror, because I don't ride with a backpack and would never just sit my helmet pads down on the pavement. It's funny how many people made a joke about this, ignoring the fact that it was a Bobber question. I'm not a new rider. Thanks to all that gave honest answers.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts