Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Ordered these on the 11th of February, Got them today.
Good quality. Only minor concern is the radiator guard where the radiator cap protrudes through is thinner than I would have done if I was the one laying the carbon down. Besides that very high quality in laying the carbon down, and of its over all finish.

Side note, I was reading the shipping email notification of them shipping at the same time the news came on the TV of press reporting broken quarantine in Italy and was in its version of a state of emergency concerning the "Kung flu".. so if you don't hear from me in a week, you heard it here first...

·
Registered
171 Posts
$200NZD and its a deal, don't know why you need money if you've been kung flued to death but, meh, your call.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Ordered these on the 11th of February, Got them today.
Good quality. Only minor concern is the radiator guard where the radiator cap protrudes through is thinner than I would have done if I was the one laying the carbon down. Besides that very high quality in laying the carbon down, and of its over all finish.

Side note, I was reading the shipping email notification of them shipping at the same time the news came on the TV of press reporting broken quarantine in Italy and was in its version of a state of emergency concerning the "Kung flu".. so if you don't hear from me in a week, you heard it here first...
View attachment 578062
I'd be interested when you put on the radiator shrouds.... How do you get those top mounting pins out and are they reusable ???? I will be ordering the "gloss" shrouds soon.... I think this stuff is fantastic....

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I'd be interested when you put on the radiator shrouds.... How do you get those top mounting pins out and are they reusable ???? I will be ordering the "gloss" shrouds soon.... I think this stuff is fantastic....
I'm hoping to get at it this evening or tomorrow. I'll surely post my experience and observations here when I do so.

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

Got it all on.
Things to note.
It's not quite plug an Play. I had to come up with spacers for the radiator guards. I used some thick walled plastic tubing..

I also used some double sided tape to keep the inserts on the exhaust and radiator shrouds in place and from being a possible rattle point.

The hardware furnished is functional, but I will be switching to a higher quality fastener with a better quality. As these kinda look like something that came in a cheap furniture kit. No biggie, I'm just picky with that kinda stuff.

The exhaust cover is raw, no heat barrier mating on the back side like on stock piece. I will be adding that.

I also opened up the holes on the tank spar as they were a bit to small for the inserts.

Beside those minor things it's a great product. Looks good, quality is great. Indoor pics do them no justice but it's quite an improvement in looks. In my opinion.
The whole deal took about an hour and a half.

·
Registered
417 Posts
First of all.... Your results look fantastic.... Still curious how those pins atop the radiator shrouds work (how do you get them out and back in).... Also on the radiator shrouds, why was shimming necessary ???? Thanks....

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
First of all.... Your results look fantastic.... Still curious how those pins atop the radiator shrouds work (how do you get them out and back in).... Also on the radiator shrouds, why was shimming necessary ???? Thanks....
Crap! I'm sorry I forgot about that..
The smaller center circle pulls up. When that's done, the 2 piece assembly pulls right out.
To re assemble, leave smaller circle out a bit, put the whole unit back into the hole than push smaller circle back down to lock it. This opens up the split to keep it in hole. Done. Once out it will be self explanatory.

I had to use spacers because the stock units had longer stand offs that mount to side of radiator than the carbon bits. if I had attempted to use with out, would have mis shaped them, and put them under a lot of bend stress..
Honestly I'm thinking I was supposed to get some in the kit, like i did for the small side covers, but did not. So I just made some. No biggie.

·
Registered
417 Posts
Crap! I'm sorry I forgot about that..
The smaller center circle pulls up. When that's done, the 2 piece assembly pulls right out.
To re assemble, leave smaller circle out a bit, put the whole unit back into the hole than push smaller circle back down to lock it. This opens up the split to keep it in hole. Done. Once out it will be self explanatory.

I had to use spacers because the stock units had longer stand offs that mount to side of radiator than the carbon bits. if I had attempted to use with out, would have mis shaped them, and put them under a lot of bend stress..
Honestly I'm thinking I was supposed to get some in the kit, like i did for the small side covers, but did not. So I just made some. No biggie.
Excellent.... Greatly appreciated.... The new pieces look great on your bike....

·
Diamond member
9,096 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Excellent.... Greatly appreciated.... The new pieces look great on your bike....
Thank you.
Definitely adds to the "Premium performance" look. They likely wanted to use carbon, since the plastic has a "carbon" pattern But, you know them pesky bean counters....

1 - 18 of 18 Posts