Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Chief ventage my battery went flat so I went to buy a new one that one went flat took it back and they gave me a different battery and that one went flat took the bike to the dealer checked all the fuses checked all the wiring and it was okay so I charge the battery up as a Christian I prayed I said God what is it I love my bike Then I thought coming to my head take the two wires off for the trip charger spoke to me clearly and I said thank you Lord took the wires off and no problems battery fully charged thank you Lord

·
Registered
458 Posts
?? Not sure I understand your post? Sounds like you removed the trickle charge wires, these wires would not discharge a battery and removing them would have no effect, they are for attaching a charger to. I would put a voltage meter on the battery to check voltage with and without the engine running to confirm if your voltage regulator is working, I would have thought the dealer would have done this as I find it highly unlikely that all three batteries would go flat? Unless of course you have some kind of parasitic draw that is draining the battery, I believe there was a recall for this so worth checking its been done on your bike. I would also reconnect the trickle charge wires (if this is what you removed ) and connect a charger (battery tender) for when the bike is not in use.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Chief ventage my battery went flat so I went to buy a new one that one went flat took it back and they gave me a different battery and that one went flat took the bike to the dealer checked all the fuses checked all the wiring and it was okay so I charge the battery up as a Christian I prayed I said God what is it I love my bike Then I thought coming to my head take the two wires off for the trip charger spoke to me clearly and I said thank you Lord took the wires off and no problems battery fully charged thank you Lord
Your right it Shouldn’t but the cover was off on the other side and there was some rubbish inside the holes so I talk to electrician he said it could drain power from the battery had everything else checked the meter wiring fuses

1 - 3 of 3 Posts