Comments on this new intake

Votes: 14 50.0%
  • Dislike

Votes: 14 50.0%
1 - 20 of 87 Posts

·
Silver member
3,587 Posts
I prefer the look of the first high flow.

Reactions: VistaChief

·
Registered
895 Posts
Depends on the style you're going for. For my red SF, I think the new one will suit it better.

·
Premium Member
536 Posts
I personally like the original stage I better (round). This one appealed to me first, then I saw how big it is and was't to my liking.

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Challenger Limited - Thunder Black Pearl
2,132 Posts
I believe Indian is boasting that the new AC design delivers 3% increase in overall Horsepower and Torque. I like the looks of it but I do agree that $499.99 price tag is a little steep for a revised OEM air cleaner however, I did pay just as much for my Lloydz Arrow Head (stage 2) air cleaner so go figure......

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2020 Indian Challenger Limited - Thunder Black Pearl
2,132 Posts
When I first bought the SF bike the very first thing I did was install a K&N filter into the OEM Air Cleaner box, even though the engine was breathing better, there was very little (or hardly any noticeable) performance increase however, once I had installed the new slip-on exhausts (TAB performance 4" Sticks w/Zombie baffles) without a re-flash of the current ECU program there was more of a noticeable performance increase when combine with the K&N filter. And then, when I changed out the K&N for the Lloydz AC assembly and completing a stage one re-flash of the factory ECU program the performance gain overall was very noticeable/obvious. You may not always get what you (are expecting) pay for but you can get more from what you put into it.

·
Red & Black ChiefMaster
628 Posts
Any performance difference between this one and the first version?
I have not seen any comparisons.
It does not look like Indian sees a significant difference in their "in-house" tuning.

When I got it installed, I asked if the Indian flash was the same for both intake. Indian tech said there was only one intake stage-1 option. Which means both have the same VE, at least as far as Indian is concerned at the moment...

·
Rider
684 Posts
I only see this as a alternative design, not a higher flowing A/C.
If there more surface area it is minimal.
This came out the day I ordered the original stage 1.
I liked that the finish matched the DH better then the gloss black round stage one, but the design of it looks more like the current BT Harley offering.
The stock big Indian A/C is pretty drab, this would have been a better looking stock piece IMO.

·
Read Only
561 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I only see this as a alternative design, not a higher flowing A/C.
If there more surface area it is minimal.
This came out the day I ordered the original stage 1.
I liked that the finish matched the DH better then the gloss black round stage one, but the design of it looks more like the current BT Harley offering.
The stock big Indian A/C is pretty drab, this would have been a better looking stock piece IMO.
I like the large design and the protection from the elements like the stock air. I realize ur paying 500 for 2 horsepower. It is more for the looks and higher air intake for me. Still undecided.

1 - 20 of 87 Posts