Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I bought a new Arlen Ness air cleaner for my 18 Vintage. Can the dealer "reflash" for just this air cleaner, or do I need a power Commander, if I'm not planning on getting new pipes? Thanks

·
Bronze member
3,349 Posts
the dealer can re-flash… but you'll have to pay for the secret squirrel code... I don't remember what they cost as a stand alone, a couple of hundred bucks I think... best off going the PV3 route for the same money or a little more it hones in on your set up instead of just a can tune..

·
Registered
183 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Wow, a couple hundred bucks?Don't they just plug it into a computer for a minute?

·
Bronze member
3,349 Posts
Wow, a couple hundred bucks?Don't they just plug it into a computer for a minute?
A little more than a minute... but yes.. you can watch here in the classifieds sometimes one is for sale as a lot of people buy the Indian stage 1 stuff but go with a PV3 right off the bat and sell their code... but it's really hit and miss.. back in the day you could buy the code for around $70 but Indian figured out real quick how to make more money

·
Registered
189 Posts
If you’re just taking the bike there for the code, you may be charged the hr even if it only takes 5mins.
If you buy a PV3 and do it from fuel moto, they include lifetime tunes, so if you do plan on adding something else performance related down the line; second hand, aftermarket, or otherwise, they’ll send you a new optimized tune free of charge. That sort of makes the $400 upfront pill easier to swallow.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts