Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received an email from Indian with a coupon for saving $$ on accessories. The new 2020 accessories were featured, but the 2-1 exhaust does not fit my 2017 scout - any idea what was changed to make this not fit? I was not aware of physical changes to the engine.

scout exhaust.JPG

·
Registered
53 Posts
I noticed this as well. I'm just wondering if they havent updated it in their system to reflect the older models, or if they're showing it only fitting the 20's for now to try to drive more sales for the new models

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
307 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
it was more about the question of what potentially changed with the engine from 2017 to 2020 that would prevent a 2020 exhaust from attaching. I am going to go with a website error for now

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2,351 Posts
Many times the website will not say something fits an older model when, in fact, it does.

·
Registered
600 Posts
There are so many other options for 2:1... significantly less expensive as well
Yeah, but that wasn't even remotely the question. He didn't even say he was at all interested in buying.
The question is why the Indian website only shows it fitting the 2019-20 models and if there were changes made to the engine.
My guess is it's just an error on the website.

·
Registered
15 Posts
There are so many other options for 2:1... significantly less expensive as well
There may less expensive options, but buying from the mother ship helps keep the Indian brand alive. i know there are some exceptions in aftermarket parts when the cost is significant (saddlebags come to mind when Viking bags are available) but when it comes to warranty on a new bike and your altering the drive train in any fashion then why save a few bucks and possibly have to deal with the headache of battling the manufacture over warranty if something goes badly?

·
Bronze member
1,857 Posts
i know there are some exceptions in aftermarket parts when the cost is significant (saddlebags come to mind when Viking bags are available)
Viking bags are a poor excuse for saddlebags,.....but they are CHEAP!!!

Cheap to purchase is all that I can recommend.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts