Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of JUNE's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
196 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With the new 2020 Ride Command, has anyone been able to use a USB drive to play MP3 music? I tried but when I select USB from the source screen nothing is showing. I use a USB stick on my older 16 RM and it works great (must use FAT32). I did some searching and did attempt formatting the USB in FAT32 and EXFAT. Neither format worked. Even tried a few different brands of USB drivers as I read in other discussion threads that certain brands work, others do not. Even tried on the USB drive that came with the bike.

If anyone has it working can you please pass along the detail on what brand USB and disk format (FAT or EXFAT)?

Thank you kindly

Rick

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,099 Posts
I've used a couple different ones, including the OEM one. As looking as it's fat32, it should work with the correct audio file types...

·
5 years +
186 Posts
I think it's the Ride Command software itself. I'll play my music and when I shut off the bike and turn it back on it starts playing the music from the beginning of the list - it can't remember where it left off. Every once in a while I'll get a glitch when the music is playing and when you replay the song it won't happen again. There are other glitches elsewhere in the Ride Command for example the weather overlay will reset to off when the bike get shut off I could go on but I think you get the picture. I've been told that Indian is aware of this and is working on it. It's not the USB drive. Hope this helps.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I’ve only got 150mi on mine in Colorado ...some RideCommand issues despite latest updates: heated grips won’t cycle ON/OFF in RC screen, but will adj temp up/down.
Music on USB will DISPLAY but not PLAY, despite proper exFat format, etc. Tried diff sticks too, each formatted correctly.
{BT from phone plays great}
And intermittent screen dimming glitches.

Challenger DH. Fairing spkr upgrade. Heated grips. Garage mod. Std bars full up. Hwy bars front/rear. Pax footboards, backrest & rack.

·
Registered
194 Posts
I’ve only got 150mi on mine in Colorado ...some RideCommand issues despite latest updates: heated grips won’t cycle ON/OFF in RC screen, but will adj temp up/down.
Music on USB will DISPLAY but not PLAY, despite proper exFat format, etc. Tried diff sticks too, each formatted correctly.
{BT from phone plays great}
And intermittent screen dimming glitches.

Challenger DH. Fairing spkr upgrade. Heated grips. Garage mod. Std bars full up. Hwy bars front/rear. Pax footboards, backrest & rack.

·
Registered
207 Posts
Are your music files stored in sub folders? if so, you'll need to bring them out to the root of the drive.. Ride Command will not recognize playlists or folders. There's no browse feature that I'm aware of.. just straight music list that can be sorted by Artist and Albums.

Also, both formats should work but for sh*&t$ and giggles try formatting to exFAT instead.. The ex format runs faster and better for longer file types, plus easier to transfer files to/from Windows/Mac..

1 - 7 of 7 Posts