Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter #1
My local dealer has a zero mile 2019 FTR 1200s Race Replica for sale for just over 2k off stick. I want to way it was like 15,000. I am wondering if I should snag up the 19 or if there is reason to pay a little bit for a 2021 when they hit the market. I only have like a month or two of riding season left here in Maine. Though I want to get my hands on this BAD it might be worth the wait?

Thoughts?

Registered
My dealer has two holdover 2019s on the floor. If they had more range, I鈥檇 be on one like white on rice.

But it worries me that they still have them. I think Max Cool has a point. I doubt they will make any major changes so early in the model鈥檚 life cycle, so if you like it, I鈥檇 say get it.

Registered
Discussion Starter #7
Was that $15000 out the door or before tax and fees?
I'm in Maine, we get taxed 3 or 4 times.

On their website they are showing 16,999 marked down from 17,793. So that, minus the 1500 deal for september is 15,499. He said something about taking off some more money, which put it right at 15 I think. I'll have to pay sales tax because.... Maine. I wonder if I can talk them out of any "destination fees" and such. I do want them to make sure the ECU has the most recent update and check for any recalls, but in my opinion that should be done anyway.

Registered
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer has two holdover 2019s on the floor. If they had more range, I鈥檇 be on one like white on rice.

But it worries me that they still have them. I think Max Cool has a point. I doubt they will make any major changes so early in the model鈥檚 life cycle, so if you like it, I鈥檇 say get it.
I wish it had more range too, that's a bummer to me. Hell, even a larger tank option.... don't know where you would put it though :/

Registered
Took a ride on the Sporty last night in Maine, weather is turning.
I would wait. Second stimulus money will flow soon, keeping prices and hopes up.
Tank is too small or I would buy one.
But then again I have a bike to ride.
The FTR is a very nice bike though.

Registered
Discussion Starter #10
Took a ride on the Sporty last night in Maine, weather is turning.
I would wait. Second stimulus money will flow soon, keeping prices and hopes up.
Tank is too small or I would buy one.
But then again I have a bike to ride.
The FTR is a very nice bike though.
I have DR650 as well..... put a bigger tank on it LMAO. This thing is just too damn sexy. So you think there is a better deal to be had?

Bronze member
check cycle trader lots of them out there... my dealer has a standard for $9999 they only have two FTR's left the other one is a standard with the white tank and upswept exhaust for $12500

Registered
I was just at my dealership today ordering parts and I noticed one of the mechanics unboxing a new bike that just got delivered. Turned out it was an FTR. I was asking him if they've been selling a lot and unfortunately they're not. He actually said the one he was unboxing was a brand new 2019 that's been sitting with Polaris since the day it was built. If they're still getting brand new deliveries of 2019s and its almost 2021, I am going to assume the deals are going to be getting better.

Registered
Interesting.... My dealer in San Jose, Spirit Motorcycles has just raised his prices on FTR RR's.... He has them at full boat-- $17,249.... He is a VERY high volume dealer, currently has 5 RR's showing in stock.... Wonder what he knows that we don't know !?!? I need to have a chat with him soon !!!!

Rider
Interesting.... My dealer in San Jose, Spirit Motorcycles has just raised his prices on FTR RR's.... He has them at full boat-- $17,249.... He is a VERY high volume dealer, currently has 5 RR's showing in stock.... Wonder what he knows that we don't know !?!? I need to have a chat with him soon !!!!
Probably will add the rebates on later. When I was shopping for my RR the dealers had the MSRP listed but added the rebates, they just didn鈥檛 advertise it though. Don鈥檛 know why.

Registered
Discussion Starter #16
It's looking like 15,000 out the door, tax and title include here in Maine. I'll find out tomorrow for sure. If I go to New Hampshire its 13,999 out the door but I'll have to pay tax here bringing it to 14,800. Probably cost me 100.00 to get down to NH between gas and lunch and stuff.... soooooooooo

Registered
My new 2019 FTR S RR was sitting at me dealer since last year. I paid just over $14k for it, so I got a pretty good deal. Per the owner, they dont know of any updates to 2021 models on the FTR line. Nothing new for the 2020's, and no dealer info on the 2021's. Not that Indian won't come out with something brand new.....but I trust my salesman/owner to have at least said "i'd hold off a bit if I were you...." Which he had done previously, at the intro of the FTR.

Registered
Discussion Starter #20
I pulled the trigger and dropped a deposit on it. Hope to pick up next week or the week after. Thank you guys for the discussion and feed back. I can't wait to start asking more stupid questions as I begin to grow into the bike!

1 - 20 of 33 Posts