Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Purchased a 2017 Springfield Steel Grey and Burgandy Metallic, which the wife picked out! It was raining on and off the whole day, but my wife said let's go get your bike. I got caught in a pretty good rain storm while test riding it. I didn't mind one bit with the Springfield. It handled exceptionally well in the rain. I look forward to sharing many more riding experiences, as this is my first large bike. I can't even decide on what to add with my Indian money for accessories, because it looks and sounds great in stock form.

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, I did. The Savannah Dealership is great! They really make you feel welcomed and a part of the Tribe!

·
Bronze member
1,034 Posts
Hello and welcome to the forum from Sydney Australia and congrats on the new Springfield, the bet model in the Indian range but I'm bias:p

·
Proud Scout Owner! Gold Supporter!
1,352 Posts
Welcome.jpg

Reactions: ESQMM

·
Registered
567 Posts
Congrats on your new Springfield
image.gif
and welcome to the tribe from Italy
image.gif

·
Registered
1,265 Posts
Congrats on the ride and welcome to the tribe.

·
Registered
2,023 Posts
Gorgeous color combo. That was the one I would of bought had I didn't buy the JD Springfield. Enjoy and congrats.

·
Premium Member
1,010 Posts
Very Nice, welcome to the Indian Springfield tribe!

·
Registered
668 Posts
Congrats on your new Indian and welcome from SW Missouri.

·
Registered
1,276 Posts
That is a beautiful bike. My local dealer has one that color and I can't keep my eyes off of it when I go in there. Do your research here before you spend that money on accessories.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Purchased a 2017 Springfield Steel Grey and Burgandy Metallic, which the wife picked out! It was raining on and off the whole day, but my wife said let's go get your bike. I got caught in a pretty good rain storm while test riding it. I didn't mind one bit with the Springfield. It handled exceptionally well in the rain. I look forward to sharing many more riding experiences, as this is my first large bike. I can't even decide on what to add with my Indian money for accessories, because it looks and sounds great in stock form.
Congrats....I have the same bike and love it. I also got caught up in a nasty storm and I'm surprised on how well the bike handled. Those tires have a negative review and yet....it was perfect.

Did the intake, custom flash, Stage Pipes, suspension with Progressive coils and few other mods....but with a huge emphasis on keeping it looking original

Attachments

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
How does the Springfield compare to the Scout in terms of performance ... take off from start, lean into turns, etc.?
It is definitely different from the Scout. I miss the lean angle and high end torque, but it is apples to oranges. The Springfield is well balanced, significantly maneuverable for a big bike, and the power! Oh, yeah; air shocks!

1 - 20 of 29 Posts