Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 61 Posts

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got my recall notice on the neutral switch for my 2016 Roadmaster, mine is working fine,the letter stated that it was a 60min job, so I called my dealer who is about 125miles from my place, They state that I have to drop it off the day before because the motor has to be cold, not to mention that I would have rent a trailer for two days, Is every dealer doing this. I’ve decided right now if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.

·
Bronze member
3,435 Posts
same thing here... no problems and I'm not giving them my bike for a week...

Reactions: PE4CE

·
Registered
2012 Indian Chief Vintage . 2016 Indian Roadmaster
657 Posts
How were you notified? Or should I call the dealer and schedule an appointment? I only have 4000 ( I ride the 2012 much more) miles on it and it shifts harder than Dick's hatband. As I have neuropathy in my feet as I am diabetic and it is quite painful hunting around trying to find neutral even with steel toed Redwings!. I thought it was not broken in as of yet. I have purchased the pyramid heel /toe shifter, plan to install it within the next 48 hours.
Thanks Fellas,
Pete

·
Banned
4,925 Posts
Does the recall include 2015? I bought my '15 Vintage used so I don't expect Polaris would have me anywhere in their system. And I don't get any recall or other I/P notices.

·
Silver member
5,044 Posts
The bike needs to be cold so they can loosen the exhaust and pull it out of the way to get to the sensor.

·
Bronze member
1,589 Posts
Does the recall include 2015? I bought my '15 Vintage used so I don't expect Polaris would have me anywhere in their system. And I don't get any recall or other I/P notices.
It is for all TS111 bikes from 2014 - 2019. I have a '14, '15, and '17 and all received the notice. My dealer just got another batch of switches in but had no appointments until 6/3. I dont have the problem on any of the bikes, so I am not too concerned at this point.

·
Rider
662 Posts
Did mine today. Rode 25 miles to dealership. Let bike cool down for 30 minutes. I was out an hour later. 2016 CDH

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
292 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Sounds like my dealer is one of the few that want the bike the day before the repair. Due to their way it would cost me at least $50 bucks for trailer rental, and over 400 miles of traveling. Not too happy if I due this.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Got my recall notice on the neutral switch for my 2016 Roadmaster, mine is working fine,the letter stated that it was a 60min job, so I called my dealer who is about 125miles from my place, They state that I have to drop it off the day before because the motor has to be cold, not to mention that I would have rent a trailer for two days, Is every dealer doing this. I’ve decided right now if it ain’t broke don’t fix it.
Took mine in yesterday for gear position recall, turned out just need to b refreshed neutral and gear indicator where down they said !

·
Bronze member
1,237 Posts
Back when I built my Roadmaster with the Stage 3 kit I gave the tranny gear switch a thorough cleaning and lubed the contacts with silicone grease. The bike had never given me any trouble with regard to the switch and, after my treatment of it, I figured that it may never malfunction.

I was wrong.

Just lately it's misbehaving a lot. What it's doing is to give NO INDICATION OF ANY GEAR POSITION. And without some indication, the bike won't even start! Imagine being a long way from home and not being able to start the engine!!
So far, I'm getting away with it by repeatedly shifting up and down until it "finds" neutral on the dashboard.

I'm going to call my dealership and make an appointment to have the gear position switch recall done.

·
Registered
8 Posts
I have a 15 and got the notice a couple of weeks ago. so, yeah it includes '15s

·
Registered
325 Posts
I bought my '14 Vintage used and I got the notice (twice now, actually...) about 1 1/2 months ago. I made an appointment and took the bike in last month. took them about 3 hours (they also took care of a couple other recalls- evap cannister, ECM upgrade, checked out the forward lighting again...)

·
Registered
326 Posts
Sounds like my dealer is one of the few that want the bike the day before the repair. Due to their way it would cost me at least $50 bucks for trailer rental, and over 400 miles of traveling. Not too happy if I due this.
Is there another dealer reasonably near to you that you could ask about fixing the re call and compare how long they think the job will take?
Seems overkill to me to have to leave the bike over night.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,830 Posts
Is there another dealer reasonably near to you that you could ask about fixing the re call and compare how long they think the job will take?
Seems overkill to me to have to leave the bike over night.
Or just don’t have it done. My 016 has never shown the problem so I’m in no rush at all to get it done, if ever.

·
Rider
1,182 Posts
Its not necessary to drop off with trailer being stone cold. Theyre Idiots.
Maybe consider not going to that dealer if thats an option.
As some have stated there was no need.
If you rode up say 1 to 1 1/2 hrs ealier that should be more then enough time for things to cool down to work on.
Your dealer is just being a PITA.
I have a recall as well but not acting up so im leaving it alone at this time. Maybe forever.

1 - 20 of 61 Posts