Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just took my first 250 miles round trip with the roadmaster and I really need to change the bars. I need two inches higher and two inches back. Is that possible and what would I look for. Never changed out handle bars before.
I do have the stock bars rotated up as far as they will go.
Thanks

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Do a search on here for Rox Risers.

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
For sale I should say. PM me.
I hate you. :p

I wish that I had known about these bars before I got my KST...I was just thinking the other day that it would be nice if the grips were a few inches more inboard...

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok got the new bars used Roxy riser to get the 2"pull back and indian mid ride bars. I like the set up but the controls are out of place. They tilt forward. I was told there's a pin on the bars to prevent adjustment. And the bars can only pull back so far because of tank clearance. Does this all make sense... rode better then stock but my right wrist went numb due to angle of grip.
Is there a fix

·
Registered
83 Posts
Yes there is a small knob on the housing itself which seats in a hole that is drilled in the bar. You will need to remove the grips and get the switch housing where you want it and then mark and drill a new hole which the button or knob will slide into (it prevents the switch housings to twist. Might be a little tricky due to you already have small holes already drilled...but it should work

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Ok got the new bars used Roxy riser to get the 2"pull back and indian mid ride bars. I like the set up but the controls are out of place. They tilt forward. I was told there's a pin on the bars to prevent adjustment. And the bars can only pull back so far because of tank clearance. Does this all make sense... rode better then stock but my right wrist went numb due to angle of grip.
Is there a fix
Which controls? The switch housings or the levers? As stated above, the switch housings have a pin that holds them in place. The levers can be moved by loosening the clamps and rotating them to where you want.

So far as moving the bars up and down, you have two pivot points with the Rox Risers: one pivot point where the risers connect to the stock clamp, and one pivot point where the bars connect to the Rox Risers. There is not much room to move the Rox Risers around, due to limited clearance between the fairing and the tank. If you have the stock console on the tank, you should have plenty of room to pivot the bars down to a comfortable angle. If you have the gauge cluster console (from the Elite) installed, there is less room, but you should still be able to bring the bars down 3 or 4 inches from "all the way up" before you contact the console when the front wheel is turned.

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I needed 2"pull back and up a few inches. Thats why I went with this set up. So should the Rox Riser be rotated toward the rear of the bike as far as it can be... are the enough room for that? Right now the bars are back almost touching the tank and doesn't seem to be back 2". Both the switch housing and lever are rotated forward at an odd angle causing my wrist to go numb on short ride

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
On mine, I have the Rox Risers pushed up until they almost contact the bottom of the fairing. My KST bars are pulled down until almost touching the console at full lock. They are actually a little lower than in the photos below, as the pics were taken when the bars were installed, prior to making any adjustments.

Reactions: Wyobob44

·
Registered
53 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you controls. Swatch housing sitting where is should be or angle forward... can't tell with pictures

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Are you controls. Swatch housing sitting where is should be or angle forward... can't tell with pictures
The left housing is angled a little forward at the bottom, but it is still reachable with my thumb and does not bother me. I am used to having to move my hand around a little to get to the controls since I have short fingers and thumbs anyway. On the right, I did not notice any difference. I can still reach all the buttons with no issues. Really, all it took was a couple of rides to get used to it.

·
Registered
57 Posts
I've got the KST mid rise on mine and are awesome I have a16 RM and a 20 Chieftain Elite and have the bars on both I'm 6'1" and they're a perfect fit . Clean insides so not a nightmare to pull wires on the Chieftain were a lil harder because I'd never had it apart.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts