Votes: 0 0.0%
  • VA Guy

Votes: 5 100.0%
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my Scout it had the Indian Quick Release Windshield with the 19” screen. I didn’t like this for height so I put it on ebay and sold it cheap—$60. Then I bought a 24” screen, did not like that either and put the whole QR system with 24” screen on ebay.

Important: These, like most of my ebay listings were listed as non-returnable.

VA Guy bought the 19” screen, received it and complained that he could not find brackets. Claimed the plexi was a knock-off because it was branded from Sportech instead of Indian. I assured him that Sportech is the OEM manufacturer for Polaris/Indian. I also told him to bid on my other listing for the QR System with the 24” screen. I let him know that if he bid at the then-current $149 bid, I would end the auction and he could have it at that price.

Crickets, crickets.

QR system sells at $187 to, guess who, VA Guy.

VA Guy contacts me through ebay on delivery day to say it doesn’t fit, he scratched his handlebars trying to install it (I’m not sure how non-mechanical you have to be to do this) and he requests full credit including return shipping.

I send him pictures of the windshield installed on my Scout, Factory Install instructions, Indian promo video. I also suggest he go to his dealer (16 miles away) and ask for assistance.

VA Guy says no, wants return.

I actually authorize return on the Plexi he doesn’t need (choose one send the other back) and again ask him to check with the dealer.

VA Guy comes back with, “you sold me aftermarket that doesn’t fit and I want all my money back or I’m taking it up with ebay.

Note: I have 1300+ 100% Positive Feedback on ebay.
Note 2: Ebay says I needn’t accept a return on either item.
Note 3: I actually refunded part of the outbound shipping on both items because I found better rates.

I told VA Guy to go ahead and contact ebay.

Talk me off the ledge people.

·
Registered
422 Posts
From what you're saying....you've tried to be helpful to him. If it was advertised as Non-returnable, you're done and EBay seems to be backing you up.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Unfortunately he is also asking PayPal for a refund so I may get blindsided there.

·
Registered
928 Posts
PayPal will refund him. Sellers get very little protection. I sold a laptop for 3k and the guy said the copy of Windows wasn’t legitimate. They refunded all his money and made me pay return shipping. Laptop came back broken.

Reactions: MilwDave

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
If that’s the case, there’s really no point in listing prohibiting returns I guess.

·
Registered
206 Posts
PayPal will refund him. Sellers get very little protection. I sold a laptop for 3k and the guy said the copy of Windows wasn’t legitimate. They refunded all his money and made me pay return shipping. Laptop came back broken.
That is exactly right. ebay/PayPal are all about making it a "safe" environment for the buyers, and leaving the seller high and dry. Unless something has change in the past couple of years, all the buyer has to do is open a complaint and ebay or paypal will instruct the buyer to package the item back up and follow the return process on ebay and they can get a shipping label to return the item. The return shipping is then charged to the sellers account. As soon as ebay sees that the carrier has picked up the item, the buyer is reimbursed the amount. I actually had this happen and when the package showed up, it was just rocks in the box. So the buyer got a free item and i got charged shipping both ways. And there is no way for you as the seller to dispute anything, the seller is just out of luck. I have quit selling anything worth more than $100 bucks in case i get screwed again. There really is no point claiming that you do not accept returns, its not really up to you in the end.

·
Senior member / rider
1,204 Posts
Some people are doucheie by nature. Sounds like you did what you could. His opinion/negative review won’t really impact you based on your numbers.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts