Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
163 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey Guys, I purchased a Motherwells Passenger Backrest which is very nicely made and looks great But when installed there is a lot of slop where it mounts to the spindles Or spools as Indian calls them. I looked at the stock Indian quick release passenger backrest and it looks like there are bushings that go over the spools which would tighten the fitment of the back rest to the spools. See picture below. Does anyone know how to get these bushings? Can I order them from Indian? Does anyone know a part number for these bushings. Thanks for any help in advance.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,292 Posts
They were installed on my bike when I got it. You should be able to look up the part number on Indians site but that Amazon link might be the best bet.

Reactions: HyeHog

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
This site shows you the part number you need.

The TS bikes have two different size spools and different bushings to match, which has caused confusion for a lot of riders buying aftermarket racks and sissy bars. The link that Mrf13 has given has a different number and might not be for a Challenger.

·
Bronze member
3,432 Posts
This site shows you the part number you need.

The TS bikes have two different size spools and different bushings to match, which has caused confusion for a lot of riders buying aftermarket racks and sissy bars. The link that Mrf13 has given has a different number and might not be for a Challenger.

the fastest way to me to get the part number is to go to cheapcycleparts.com and enter your exact bike and go to the part you need... but I doubt the Challenger is on there yet

1 - 7 of 7 Posts