Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Greetings,

I've had my SP since May of this year. I can tell right now, I'm not going to be able to live with that horrible seat. I've gotten a lot of recommendations including Ultimate, Mustang, Corbin, etc. Here's my issue, I don't want to go up any higher. I'm 5'8" and can just flat-foot it. I also don't want to go back for obvious reasons. If anything, I'd like to go forward and inch or two. A couple weeks ago I put 425 miles on my buddy's '14 Street Glide and although the seat is plain looking, (no stitching or anything), I NEVER got sore. I'll be the first to say, Indian uses great materials and the build of their seats is pretty good. But that's where it ends.

I have an Alaskan sheepskin on it and I didn't expect that to add any comfort for the hardness. It was more for temperature. I'd heard suggestions on adding an Airhawk type pad underneath it. I'd like to hear what any of you have done in a similar situation, (relatively short with major ass pain after an hour). Open to any suggestions...reduced reach after-market seats, pads, etc.

Thanks,
-Brian

·
Registered
1,122 Posts
Take a look at the Russell day long seat. Custom made. They are out of Shasta CA. I have never heard of anyone that was disappointed.

·
Registered
423 Posts
I have heard that most people will try several seats until they get to the RDL. Then they wish they would have gone there to start with and saved some money. I hate the lack of comfort on my roadmaster seat. I love the tan leather look. But horribly uncomfortable. However I am 6ft and about 250lb. I currently use an airhawk and that made my recent saddle sore 1k doable. Previously we rode about 800 miles in a day on the stock seat and I was hurting so badly I thought I might be bleeding. The air hawk helps alot but still night and day from a god seat. I am considering astech seats. They will rebuild your stock seat for considerably less. And they have done the roadmaster seat with the heating element. Good luck, share what you settle on

·
Bronze member
2,378 Posts
I am in the same boat as you. I went with Corbin. They can customize it for you. On the Springfield you might take a look at the close version of the classic Solo then add a pillion to that. I have never been disappointed in Corbin fwiw.

·
Rider
2019 Indian Chieftain DH In Black Smoke
1,365 Posts
Corbin dual tour for me best seat ever
No numbness or soreness
Dont even think about it anymore
These threads bring me back to thinking how comfortable the corbin is for me
Pricey but money well spent
28 plus grand for a bike im not cheaping out on a seat and then not ride it because im sore on rides

·
Registered
72 Posts
Greetings,

I've had my SP since May of this year. I can tell right now, I'm not going to be able to live with that horrible seat. I've gotten a lot of recommendations including Ultimate, Mustang, Corbin, etc. Here's my issue, I don't want to go up any higher. I'm 5'8" and can just flat-foot it. I also don't want to go back for obvious reasons. If anything, I'd like to go forward and inch or two. A couple weeks ago I put 425 miles on my buddy's '14 Street Glide and although the seat is plain looking, (no stitching or anything), I NEVER got sore. I'll be the first to say, Indian uses great materials and the build of their seats is pretty good. But that's where it ends.

I have an Alaskan sheepskin on it and I didn't expect that to add any comfort for the hardness. It was more for temperature. I'd heard suggestions on adding an Airhawk type pad underneath it. I'd like to hear what any of you have done in a similar situation, (relatively short with major ass pain after an hour). Open to any suggestions...reduced reach after-market seats, pads, etc.

Thanks,
-Brian
I just bought an air hawk pad in the middle of an 1800 mile road trip. I was skeptical, as I've never fallen into the seat pad camp. But after more than 900 miles in the stock saddle, over 2 days, I needed some relief.

I won't keep it on for short rides, but on the return trip my bum was MUCH happier for a longer period than without.

I am actually planning to do a review of this product on my new YouTube channel. There's only 1 video up now, but another drops tomorrow and I'll be posting new videos every week.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I just bought an air hawk pad in the middle of an 1800 mile road trip. I was skeptical, as I've never fallen into the seat pad camp. But after more than 900 miles in the stock saddle, over 2 days, I needed some relief.

I won't keep it on for short rides, but on the return trip my bum was MUCH happier for a longer period than without.

I am actually planning to do a review of this product on my new YouTube channel. There's only 1 video up now, but another drops tomorrow and I'll be posting new videos every week.
Appreciate that. I've ordered an Air Hawk. Have a long next weekend. I'll report my results.

Sent from my moto g(6) play using Tapatalk

1 - 8 of 8 Posts