Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Bike fell over in the toy hauler and broke the clutch lever. All I'm finding is $124 for a new one.
Or I can get both clutch and brake from the manufacturer in China for $65. I would like to stay local USA but the difference is quite a bit seeing as I also have to replace the leather wraps. Any suggestions for USA bought???? Want to stay stock for the wrap I still have.
Thanks...

·
Bronze member
3,049 Posts
I just replaced my clutch lever several weeks ago cause it was worn on the handle bar end where the cable fits into it.The dealer hit me for 70 bucks,not 124 bucks.So I think it's time for you to find a new stealership,whadaya think???

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I just replaced my clutch lever several weeks ago cause it was worn on the handle bar end where the cable fits into it.The dealer hit me for 70 bucks,not 124 bucks.So I think it's time for you to find a new stealership,whadaya think???
This was on line... Cheapcycleparts, Indian OEM.

·
Bronze member
3,049 Posts
Are you telling us that you paid $124 for the same clutch lever the dealer sells for 70 bucks, from Cheapcycleparts,Indian.com.??? Or did I misunderstand you?? Cause if that's the case,what a bargain! I mean, they only made an extra 54 bucks off ya!! lol lol So it kinda looks like Cheapcycleparts.com is NOT a very good place to buy these so called "CHEAP PARTS" from,are they!! lol lol Thanks for the heads up!! Dave!!!

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
If I've got it right you are on a 2016 Vintage. They show $124 for your bike. For my 2018 Springfield, $85.

That's a big difference for a model change.

It's a pity it broke and not just bent. I badly bent my Scout clutch lever and managed to straighten it, the metal proved better quality than expected as they often snap instead of straightening out.

·
Bronze member
4,109 Posts
If I've got it right you are on a 2016 Vintage. They show $124 for your bike. For my 2018 Springfield, $85.

It's a pity it broke and not just bent. I badly bent my Scout clutch lever and managed to straighten it, the metal proved better quality than expected as they often snap instead of straightening out.

They are designed to break of to minimize damage at the clutch/brake

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #8

There is a groove there where I think it is meant to break if this happens. Not a bad idea really. The price difference is weird.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
The aftermarket will be about equal to or more expensive than OEM.
Not really. Kuryakyn has a nice set for less but I want the original design. The ones from China are probably what Indian uses, just like the rack I bought.

Reactions: MRGUB

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you telling us that you paid $124 for the same clutch lever the dealer sells for 70 bucks, from Cheapcycleparts,Indian.com.??? Or did I misunderstand you?? Cause if that's the case,what a bargain! I mean, they only made an extra 54 bucks off ya!! lol lol So it kinda looks like Cheapcycleparts.com is NOT a very good place to buy these so called "CHEAP PARTS" from,are they!! lol lol Thanks for the heads up!! Dave!!!
I haven't bought anything yet. And what Dr.Shifty wrote is correct. When I first looked it was for a 2018 and $85. When I put in my bike it said $124. I was surprised.

·
Bronze member
2,626 Posts
I didn’t care for the Kuryakyn levers and they have no adjustability, but beauty is in the eye of the beholder. The nicest levers I’ve found that are somewhat reasonable are the PSR’s at about $120 each & both sides adjust.
2A2002C0-5EAA-46AD-8F89-CF4356247545.png

·
Bronze member
3,049 Posts
All the clutch cables I've seen have an adjustment in the middle of the cable for lever free play [unless the machine uses a hydraulic clutch] just like the Indian does.

·
Bronze member
5,097 Posts
There is a groove there where I think it is meant to break if this happens. Not a bad idea really. The price difference is weird.
Yep, they are designed to break and still leave enough lever to get you home. Luckily my Scout lever didn't break. Here's the bend and the fix.

·
Registered
1,270 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
1 - 15 of 15 Posts