Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Rider
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The left running light went out on my 2017 DH Chieftain so I figured I might as well bite the bullet and look into LEDs, yes all three lights. Since I'm not really a wrench, I'm hoping for a plug & play solution that won't trigger any faults in the computer. Price is somewhat of an object, but I don't spending money for something that is of high quality.

I appreciate your suggestions in advance.

BD

·
Registered
556 Posts
They all plug and play for your 17
Need 7.5in for head
4.5 for driving
Just make sure they fit indian

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Rider
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks for the input. Sorry, @thomasjt579, I thought that I read that some guys were experiencing faults being throuwn with some products. Also, everything that I'm seeing is 7" not 7½". Is that correct?

And @Jeffro63, I looked at the Rivcos and, while they're a little cheaper that the Indian LEDs, they're still over 5 bills. Are they that much different/better than the ones I see on Amazon? For instance, these, are just over $100 and, based on reviews, seem to work on Indians.

BD

·
Registered
556 Posts
Thanks for the input. Sorry, @thomasjt579, I thought that I read that some guys were experiencing faults being throuwn with some products. Also, everything that I'm seeing is 7" not 7½". Is that correct?

And @Jeffro63, I looked at the Rivcos and, while they're a little cheaper that the Indian LEDs, they're still over 5 bills. Are they that much different/better than the ones I see on Amazon? For instance, these, are just over $100 and, based on reviews, seem to work on Indians.

BD

No worries
That was earlier models before the road master came out. Once that came out, the vcm was updated so all the bikes recieved the updated vcm to run leds

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
1,738 Posts
I highly recommend the True beam headlight and passing lights made by Custom Dynamics for the Indian Chieftain and Road Master. They include adapters that make it plug and play. They also sell a high-low adapter that allows you to run the high beam and low beam at the same time. It really lights up the road. Downside is the headlights aren’t cheap.

I prefer the Truebeam over the Probeam only because I don’t like the yellow color on the edge of the beam pattern on most projector style headlights.

Custom Dynamics headlights are very high-quality and they consistently get excellent reviews.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

·
Rider
838 Posts
Discussion Starter #11

·
Registered
52 Posts
Custom Dynamics Pro Beams - absolute best upgrade I’ve made to my ‘18 Chieftain Limited! Worth every dime! Complete plug and play! Very easy and you will not regret it!

·
Registered
372 Posts
Just getting ready to finish up the install of the CD ProBeam rear indicators on my '18 Chieftain.
Instructions on the Smart Triple play module clearly state, and diagram shows, a red fused battery wire need to be connected to the (+) terminal.
The one I have does not have it a red fused wire.
I'm assuming my '18 doesn't need it, and that the fused battery line is for earlier models. Further assumption is this module is just plugged in-line with the current wiring to the rear fender lights, yes?
Pic for clarity.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

1 - 14 of 14 Posts