Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, I need some help with working a new amp. I am putting speakers in my lowers and wiring them up 2018 chieftain limited. Installed Polk's up top and Kenwood 6.5" down low. I am not sure about how the input wires from the head unit white/red, white/yellow, gray/red, gray/yellow get connected. We were thinking each of those four wires have to go to an input, but no idea what ones. Here's some pictures. I have the upper speakers in the fairing wired up and just about wired in the outputs for the amp. Help please!! The Rockford has rca inputs that convert to 4 wires each going into input in the amp. The lowers are going to be speaker wire into the rear outputs. What do I do with the green and purple wires from the factory amp connector? I think those go to the rear speakers (trunk or saddlebag lids) which I am not using.

Attachments

·
Registered
415 Posts
Man I'm sorry but you really messed up cutting the plug out. So first issue is the bike only offers 2 outputs. The other 2 are dead until you install a 4 channel factory amp in. Thats 1st

·
Registered
415 Posts
The only wires that will work are the grey with red and yellow stripes and white with red and yellow stripes. So those will need to be one ones to go to the inputs on the amp and then go from the amp to all 4 speakers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ok so, the red and yellow stripe ones, what input does each go to? For instance front/rear, and left right?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Ok! After that how effed am I? I was going to use the blue remote wire, power, and ground from connector to amp.

·
Registered
415 Posts
Ok! After that how effed am I? I was going to use the blue remote wire, power, and ground from connector to amp.
Remote yes. But ABSOLUTELY NOT FOR POWER AND GROUND. Those wires are way too small for that amp and you will fry something. Use the remote wire and run power and ground straight from the battery

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Yeah I have power and ground wire that I can use to go right to battery. What would or how would I use the two channel speaker?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Reading over the manual its says 8g wire for power and ground. So definitely don't use the wires from the connector. Also it looks like you can do 2 channel into the amp and get all 4 channels out

·
Registered
415 Posts
so in case you didn't know each channel represents 1 speaker. 1 channel also equals 2 wires (+&-) so you can use those rca adapter to get 2 into the amp but the amp will allow you to power all 4 speakers

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Yes that's perfect, i did feel that was the case after reading every possible thread. So after running those red and yellow striped wires input, running power and ground and remote in. I will have the last lower speaker to run. Do I need that rca converter you posted?

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Ok excellent, any idea what I have to do with the ground and power from the connector since the aren't gonna be used?

·
Registered
415 Posts
Yes that's perfect, i did feel that was the case after reading every possible thread. So after running those red and yellow striped wires input, running power and ground and remote in. I will have the last lower speaker to run. Do I need that rca converter you posted?
You'll also have to either run new wire to the front 2 speakers or connect the front output wires from the amp to the other grey and white wires in that section you cut the plugs off of

1 - 20 of 23 Posts