Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. I’m about to install my new scout oem fairing, however it did not come with installation instructions. It looks like I need to install the windshield on top of the fairing and the quick connect clips as well. There’s a bunch of washers too. Let me know if you can snap a picture or something. That would be great.
Korey

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Hey guys. I’m about to install my new scout oem fairing, however it did not come with installation instructions. It looks like I need to install the windshield on top of the fairing and the quick connect clips as well. There’s a bunch of washers too. Let me know if you can snap a picture or something. That would be great.
Korey
Disregard. I found them online. But couldn’t figure out the rubber headlight gasket. I put it on the headlight. But it just falls back. Does it get sandwiches in between the glass and ring. Or just hangs out there?

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yes the gasket goes between the bucket and the headlight. Small lip and pain in the butt

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Right on. I got it on. Not sure I like the look of that ring when you take off the fairing. Might have to figure something out with a rubber gasket inside attached to the fairing. Would probably work the same and not be attached tot the headlight. But so far I love the fairing. 65 mph with my half helmet and no issues. Clean air at the face but chest protection to not fly off the bike. Looks like it’s the best results I’ve had yet.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Right on. I got it on. Not sure I like the look of that ring when you take off the fairing. Might have to figure something out with a rubber gasket inside attached to the fairing. Would probably work the same and not be attached tot the headlight. But so far I love the fairing. 65 mph with my half helmet and no issues. Clean air at the face but chest protection to not fly off the bike. Looks like it’s the best results I’ve had yet.
Glad you got it situated, it took me a couple of tries as well. I agree about the design as it seems to defeat the purpose of having a quick release fairing when it would be such a pain taking the gasket on and off so I don't think that aspect of it was well thought out. I find the fairing to be amazing too though so I have no plans on taking it off.

·
Registered
63 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks dfresh. So far I’m just loving the wind protection and look is killer. I’ve been riding around with my half helmet and it’s so nice not to have buffeting any more. Although I have to admit there is a fair amount of wind hitting my face. Nothing like riding it naked. Was the 5” worth it? Did it create buffering at all? I think I’ll hold on to the 2” for a while because it’s the best it’s ever been but the 5” does sound intriguing for more wind management down the road.

·
Registered
348 Posts
Thanks dfresh. So far I’m just loving the wind protection and look is killer. I’ve been riding around with my half helmet and it’s so nice not to have buffeting any more. Although I have to admit there is a fair amount of wind hitting my face. Nothing like riding it naked. Was the 5” worth it? Did it create buffering at all? I think I’ll hold on to the 2” for a while because it’s the best it’s ever been but the 5” does sound intriguing for more wind management down the road.
The 5 inch moved the wind up from around my chin to around eye level I think . I wear a full face modular helmet though so the airflow just goes around it and over it and I'm not sure how it would be with a half helmet. I don't get any buffering and I really didnt with the 2 inch either, its just the wind was kind of deflecting from my chin down into my chest and the 5inch fixed that.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts