Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Here is a side pic of that rubber piece from the side And what is this for. Do I have to lift gas tank to remove it. No where did any install instructions mention this. Thanks I’m just new to all this.
You have circled the crankcase breather vent hose in that image. I am not familiar with the VooDoo filter, but there are only two options for that breather hose... either run it into the back of your filter and the engine will ingest any vapors present, or run it into a small auxiliary filter of its own and just clean it up once in awhile to remove the oil residue. Most prefer the latter as that way it does not contaminate the inside of your air filter assembly with oil.

·
Registered
276 Posts
I just did this install two days ago. Yes, take off the seat and there are two bolts on either side of the trailing edge of the tank (have metal and rubber washers). You just need to prop the tank - I used my left shoulder to nudge it up to access the bolt (I think 8mm). Nothing else on the tank is affected, pretty easy.
Just had it reflashed at the Indian dealer with the provided card...dont lose that!...and it is awesome! Even pulls hard in touring. Sport is a riot. You will be happy

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
The breather hose is a push fit into the valve cover vent tube. It simply can be rotated to suit your install requirements. You do not have to remove fuel tank for any of this install, but it may prove useful to take the rear brackets loose so that the tank may be partially lifted/tilted out of the way.

·
Registered
556 Posts
You have circled the crankcase breather vent hose in that image. I am not familiar with the VooDoo filter, but there are only two options for that breather hose... either run it into the back of your filter and the engine will ingest any vapors present, or run it into a small auxiliary filter of its own and just clean it up once in awhile to remove the oil residue. Most prefer the latter as that way it does not contaminate the inside of your air filter assembly with oil.
He did not circle the crank case vent
He circle the stock intake coming off the frame

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
He did not circle the crank case vent
He circle the stock intake coming off the frame

Thanks! I now see that it was a side shot... darn small cell phone screen to be able to see that clearly. That intake boot is held in place with an oblong clamp and two 10mm bolts hold it in place. There is a plug available to fill that space, comes with OEM kits. You can run without the plug with no known ill effects.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks guys. And at Springfield16 I will try and just remove the two rear tank bolts and see if I get enough room. . I don’t wanna have to remove tank. Thanks guys and I’ll let you know if I have any other questions. If you guys know of a tool to get it off without messing with tank. Let me know. Thanks and appreciate the help.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks! I now see that it was a side shot... darn small cell phone screen to be able to see that clearly. That intake boot is held in place with an oblong clamp and two 10mm bolts hold it in place. There is a plug available to fill that space, comes with OEM kits. You can run without the plug with no known ill effects.
Thanks dieselgman. The voodoo air cleaner doesn’t come with any plugs to fill that space like you say the oem air cleaners do. Is that an issue or just remove the bolts and clamps and don’t worry about it.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Thanks dieselgman. The voodoo air cleaner doesn’t come with any plugs to fill that space like you say the oem air cleaners do. Is that an issue or just remove the bolts and clamps and don’t worry about it.
Just remove the boot... the other parts can stay in place or simply be removed if you prefer. You may like the OEM plug at some point, so keeping that clamp in place will facilitate installation later on.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Thanks guys. And at Springfield16 I will try and just remove the two rear tank bolts and see if I get enough room. . I don’t wanna have to remove tank. Thanks guys and I’ll let you know if I have any other questions. If you guys know of a tool to get it off without messing with tank. Let me know. Thanks and appreciate the help.
Lift the rear of your fuel tank... you will be ahead of the game.

·
Registered
276 Posts
When I get home I'll snap a picture of the instruction sheet that came with mine
You have to remove the seat to expose the bolts. Tank does not come off...just need to be able to lift the back end of it a few centimeters to access the bolts on the air intake

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
556 Posts
We all getting older, eyes get worse and phones get smaller

1 - 18 of 18 Posts