Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for a dealer near Pittsburgh that would be willing to install a side mount plate with light on my Scout Sixty.

·
Founding member / platinum
10,006 Posts
Looking for a dealer near Pittsburgh that would be willing to install a side mount plate with light on my Scout Sixty.
Can you give us a few more clues so we can maybe help?

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
image.jpeg
Accutronix makes a side mount for Scout Sixties. That is what I am looking to have installed.

·
10,006 Posts
Now that I know that it is a side mounting for a license plate, I would think that any normal mechanic should be able to help you with the install.
Not major job at all.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
The problem is that it must be wired for a light to make it street legal and my dealer won't do it.

·
10,006 Posts
The problem is that it must be wired for a light to make it street legal and my dealer won't do it.
Probably because of the Canbus (sp?) electrical system on the Scouts.
He probably just doesn't want to be responsible for electrical problems because he 'scabbed' a wire into the system.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Exactly! That's why I am trying to find someone willing to do this work! This same dealer installed a Warbonnet and wired it up but is unwilling to wire the side mount.

·
10,006 Posts
Exactly! That's why I am trying to find someone willing to do this work! This same dealer installed a Warbonnet and wired it up but is unwilling to wire the side mount.
I guess we could have both saved a lot of time if your had given everyone all this info up front.
I will leave you alone hoping that you find a helpful person! :D

·
Registered
298 Posts
If you have the mount already, you could check to see if the existing license plate light will fit and if the existing wires will reach. If so, it's just a matter of moving it, rather than messing with the actual wiring. It looked to me as though that would be possible, but I'm just looking at pictures so can't be sure. Keep us posted on the solution!

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have an appointment with a dealer that has agreed to install the side mount plate. It is their first time doing this, so fingers crossed. When it is complete I will post picture and divulge the dealer!!

·
Bronze member
2,640 Posts
Out of curiosity, why do people cover their license plate number when posting pics? It's visible to the public when you're parked in a parking lot, riding on the street, etc.

BTW, neat "stop" tail light.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts