Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Bronze member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Buddy and I headed to Foxboro to browse MOMs South. Couldn't get inside without an appointment. First time I've encountered that.

·
Bronze member
3,128 Posts
During the height of Covid 19, my dealer in Georgia had an appointment only policy...but that ended long ago. Might be the nanny state of Mass. forcing that policy?

·
Founding member
1,765 Posts
This info is from a couple months ago, so take that for what it is worth, but around maybe June or July, High Octane Harley in Billerica MA said that unless you had an appointment to have your bike serviced or look at a new one, you weren't allowed in. They said they had previously been more lax, but that they had gotten state officials up their ass saying if they don't start following protocol they were going to get shut down entirely. Take that for what you will.

I live in MA, but spend most of my time up in NH and it is like a whole different world in terms of what rules and regulations there are for Covid.

Reactions: TerryJ

·
Bronze member
3,574 Posts
This info is from a couple months ago, so take that for what it is worth, but around maybe June or July, High Octane Harley in Billerica MA said that unless you had an appointment to have your bike serviced or look at a new one, you weren't allowed in. They said they had previously been more lax, but that they had gotten state officials up their ass saying if they don't start following protocol they were going to get shut down entirely. Take that for what you will.

I live in MA, but spend most of my time up in NH and it is like a whole different world in terms of what rules and regulations there are for Covid.
Like you,I too spend most of my riding in either N.H.or Vermont,both nice states to tour in with lots of nice country roads unlike Taxachusetts.Although,if ya go the the western part of Taxachusetts,the roads out there aren't bad at all and much better then the ones around here in the north eastern part of the state.Plus,there's still a lot of nice country out there.

·
Founding member
1,765 Posts
Like you,I too spend most of my riding in either N.H.or Vermont,both nice states to tour in with lots of nice country roads unlike Taxachusetts.Although,if ya go the the western part of Taxachusetts,the roads out there aren't bad at all and much better then the ones around here in the north eastern part of the state.Plus,there's still a lot of nice country out there.
Agree, there are a lot of beautiful roads, scenery and towns in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. As you say, western Mass isn't bad, but pretty much from Worcester to Boston is all junk as far as riding is concerned. Too much traffic, everything is always under construction, none of the roads make sense because they are from before city planning and they basically just paved over whichever meandering path Paul Revere's horse used to walk, which was fine, back when horses were the main mode of transport and Boston had like 1000 people, but less so today. Also the masshole drivers with no regard for anyone else. I am trying to move north after I graduate, but we'll see. I am in grad school, focused on medical device design and manufacturing, there a couple places that do that in Maine and New Hampshire, but most of it is in Mass.

·
Bronze member
1,213 Posts
Agree, there are a lot of beautiful roads, scenery and towns in Vermont, New Hampshire and Maine. As you say, western Mass isn't bad, but pretty much from Worcester to Boston is all junk as far as riding is concerned. Too much traffic, everything is always under construction, none of the roads make sense because they are from before city planning and they basically just paved over whichever meandering path Paul Revere's horse used to walk, which was fine, back when horses were the main mode of transport and Boston had like 1000 people, but less so today. Also the masshole drivers with no regard for anyone else. I am trying to move north after I graduate, but we'll see. I am in grad school, focused on medical device design and manufacturing, there a couple places that do that in Maine and New Hampshire, but most of it is in Mass.
Other than the coast, there is good riding out here. You just have to know where it is. If not, Calimoto helps me find it.

Not as great as VT but there is tons of good riding where you thread between towns all over the place. Lots of rich people means lots of wooded farm roads in hidden places.

·
Bronze member
1,893 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
I actually have an Indian dealer about 2 miles from my house and Moms north is 30 miles. We headed to Foxboro just for someplace to go. Springfield is a good place, longer ride.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts