Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of this month's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I installed the key less ignition system on my Scout. Now I need a Key-less Gas Cap. I ordered the Arlen Ness gas cap, but when it arrived the part was not the right part. (correct packaging, correct numbers, even correct labels. wrong part from factory).

Contacted Arlen Ness and they say it will be November before they can get the issue sorted. Seems the parts were packaged wrong from the distributor and they have to recall and reorder.

Sooooooo............now I need a key-less gas cap. Who has any ideas on how or where to get one.

·
Registered
582 Posts
man, sorry to hear that! personally I have the Arlen Ness myself and it's great! i don't know of any other keyless out there as I looked a TON before i ordered the NESS cap,
which keyless ignition did you go with and do you think it was worth it?

thanks man!

·
Registered
1,169 Posts
Believe it or not but Walmart has a variety of gas caps (made from a durable plastic). This may be a suitable substitute until you can get your order in. Look in he automotive section.

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
man, sorry to hear that! personally I have the Arlen Ness myself and it's great! i don't know of any other keyless out there as I looked a TON before i ordered the NESS cap,
which keyless ignition did you go with and do you think it was worth it?

thanks man!
Indian Scout Keyless Ignition System

Yes it's worth it. First of all, I did not know just how easy it was to steal a scout until, I replaced this. I was able to hard wire it and hide all wires after seeing it would only take someone 3 screws and 30 seconds to take the ignition off and replace it with another one they have a key to.

second its very convenient to flick the power switch and walk away. It will be even better to not have to have a key for gas.

·
Registered
582 Posts
Indian Scout Keyless Ignition System

Yes it's worth it. First of all, I did not know just how easy it was to steal a scout until, I replaced this. I was able to hard wire it and hide all wires after seeing it would only take someone 3 screws and 30 seconds to take the ignition off and replace it with another one they have a key to.

second its very convenient to flick the power switch and walk away. It will be even better to not have to have a key for gas.
Awesome ! Good info !!!!! Dumb question ? The key fob come with an extra battery to store on your bike in a bag or something for when it goes dead ? My luck I would be 200 miles from home and have a dead key fob ..... or is there an over ride of some sort in case ?

Thank you !

·
Registered
32 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Awesome ! Good info !!!!! Dumb question ? The key fob come with an extra battery to store on your bike in a bag or something for when it goes dead ? My luck I would be 200 miles from home and have a dead key fob ..... or is there an over ride of some sort in case ?

Thank you !

No extra battery , but extra fobs are cheap ish.....and they have a 24/7 number to call and they will start it over phone then over night a new fob.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts