Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Owners, my bobber video is below with 240 rear, suspension installed. I'm today finishing up installing RSW mid controls and converting to GP shift and the dry mock up looks good. There are some fit issues brake side with after market engine covers that extend out more than stock and I'm putting in an easy work around today, RSW is also shipping a unique brake line solution to mid controls for the Bobber that I'm looking at ditching as possibly not needed. The drag bars by Indianaftermarket were well done. I'm upgrading the (front) braking performance, but Corona Virus has shut down supply of 320 floating rotors out of Northern Italy, looking at other options. The rear lights were possible by others like Rite On John on this forum that shared their issues and some cool dude living in Poland stepped up with solutions, resulting in all of us having to solder in micro relays (extensive conversation on that fun can be seen on the forum),

Hope this helps inspire you to modify vs kick the dog during the shut down!

·
Registered
22 Posts
[QUOTE = "dblahnick, publicación: 3386075, miembro: 123362"]
Propietarios, mi video bobber está debajo con 240 traseros, suspensión instalada. Hoy estoy terminando de instalar los controles medios RSW y convertirlos a GP shift y la maqueta en seco se ve bien. Hay algunos problemas de ajuste en el lado del freno con las cubiertas del motor del mercado posterior que se extienden más allá de las existencias y hoy estoy trabajando fácilmente, RSW también está enviando una solución única de línea de freno a los controles medios para el Bobber que estoy buscando. en zanjas como posiblemente no sea necesario. Las barras de arrastre de Indianaftermarket estaban bien hechas. Estoy mejorando el rendimiento de frenado (delantero), pero Corona Virus ha cerrado el suministro de 320 rotores flotantes fuera del norte de Italia, buscando otras opciones. Otros, como Rite On John, pudieron encender las luces traseras en este foro que compartió sus problemas y algunos tipos geniales que vivían en Polonia aumentaron sus soluciones,

¡Espero que esto ayude a inspirarte a modificar vs patear al perro durante el apagado!

[MEDIA = youtube] 2Polfkj7MnU [/ MEDIA]
[/CITAR]
Felicidades esta guapisima. Que envidia de maquina.

·
Rider
1,294 Posts
That has to be the best Bobber on this entire forum...

·
Registered
708 Posts
Interesting to see the 240 Avon Cobra fits .I have the Metzeler 240 and was told the Avon Cobras were a little wider and would not fit between the swing arms . . I have an 1/8 to 3/16 clearance between my tire and swing arm . Did you do something to make the Avon fit ? What kind of clearance do you have.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Hey Dave, I was going to inquire about your fitment too. I will post a video. Originally I had "about" 4mm to the swing arm to belt pulley (the rear of the swing arm next to pulley protrudes there causing a limit on pulley/wheel left adjustment. The Avon carcass to belt is ok.

The right side was extremely tight, such that the single welded on harness anchor's 6 (?) sided bolt head just touched the carcass, so..... I moved the wheel 2 mm to the left and used a domed head hex and everything is dialed in (see video).

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Interesting to see the 240 Avon Cobra fits .I have the Metzeler 240 and was told the Avon Cobras were a little wider and would not fit between the swing arms . . I have an 1/8 to 3/16 clearance between my tire and swing arm . Did you do something to make the Avon fit ? What kind of clearance do you have.
The wheel adjustment above was to balance its position in the swing arm,

but here is that harness bolt removed.

·
Registered
708 Posts
RC Component provided spacers with the wheel kit that lined up the wheel . No other adjustments were necessary on my end

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Yes. I think we spoke about their kit a few months back (Billet vs Spoked, etc). I was a test case, enjoyed the metal work ;)

Here's one

I want to install the headlight grill, I bought one from AMZN, it appears it needs my nifty metal grinder to fit it, but I haven't moved to that project yet, any photos are video on yours, did you install pinch bolts or screws to secure it to the Indian headlight fairing ? Thats my off the cuff concept before digging.

Drew

·
Rider
1,423 Posts
Owners, my bobber video is below with 240 rear, suspension installed. I'm today finishing up installing RSW mid controls and converting to GP shift and the dry mock up looks good. There are some fit issues brake side with after market engine covers that extend out more than stock and I'm putting in an easy work around today, RSW is also shipping a unique brake line solution to mid controls for the Bobber that I'm looking at ditching as possibly not needed. The drag bars by Indianaftermarket were well done. I'm upgrading the (front) braking performance, but Corona Virus has shut down supply of 320 floating rotors out of Northern Italy, looking at other options. The rear lights were possible by others like Rite On John on this forum that shared their issues and some cool dude living in Poland stepped up with solutions, resulting in all of us having to solder in micro relays (extensive conversation on that fun can be seen on the forum),

Hope this helps inspire you to modify vs kick the dog during the shut down!

very nice looking bike

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yes. I think we spoke about their kit a few months back (Billet vs Spoked, etc). I was a test case, enjoyed the metal work ;)

Here's one

I want to install the headlight grill, I bought one from AMZN, it appears it needs my nifty metal grinder to fit it, but I haven't moved to that project yet, any photos are video on yours, did you install pinch bolts or screws to secure it to the Indian headlight fairing ? Thats my off the cuff concept before digging.

Drew
Dave I saw the thread on the grill...I might use the rubber mallet technique ;)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts