Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased a barely used 2020 Challenger base model and I want to add the navigation upgrade..I've read the installation instructions and I am comfortable with doing the work except for the "Digital Wrench" portion which I assume requires dealer computer access. Is there any way I can perform the complete installation myself?

·
Registered
167 Posts
You don’t need digital wrench to install GPS software.
When you purchase the GPS you’ll get a card that has a code on it and you go to the Indian motorcycle website I believe under riders resources and enter that code and they will allow you to download your Maps you will need high-speed Internet and a thumb drive.

Then take the thumb drive to your bike turn on your bike go to settings under general I believe go to the bottom of the page and set your bike so it won’t turn off during the install and then go to the software and just download the Maps.

Also be aware with the new ride command download you get Apple CarPlay so you might want to just skip the GPS.

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Instructions say that there are several steps performed through digital wrench before the software installation. I really don't want those "kids' at the dealership taking my bike apart.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Like I stated above, I did it myself no digital wrench.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
Instructions say that there are several steps performed through digital wrench before the software installation. I really don't want those "kids' at the dealership taking my bike apart.
Anything done through Digital Wrench involves one plug and their tablet/laptop that they have Digital Wrench installed on.

·
Registered
167 Posts
Thanks Spartan. You didn't actually say that you did the install. I'll give it a go!
My bad, The actual unit goes on the right side underneath the faring when looking at the bike from the front.
I got a little confused because the instructions have two sets one for chieftain one for challenger just a heads up.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts