Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I went on a long ride with a buddy who has a 2017 Chieftain vs my 2020 Roadmaster. His nav put us on the best roads and was more accurate and direct no matter the settings I chose on the 2020. Anyone have any suggestions for the 2020 Ride Command to not get sent into super back road stop hell vs nice long country roads? The options in 2020 are fastest and shortest routes with a drop down for avoid highways, tolls and unpaved. The 2017 seemed more efficient and direct and kept us on the best roads.

·
Registered
2,828 Posts
I have a 2017, and I only have the options of Fastest, Shortest, Scenic, and Avoid Highway. It is hit or miss at times. For example, I took my bike in to have a new front tire put on, and the gear sensor recall done. For some reason, RC had dropped the local dealer that I had saved in my favorites. No biggie, I just looked up the address and put it in. The route there took about an hour and a half, and had some twists and turns that were not on the usual route. Going home, I plotted the route using my saved home address. It took an hour to get home, with the same settings.

·
Registered
1 Posts
The navigation on my new 2020 Dark Horse Challenger locks up and is slow. Several times I passed a turn when the navigation finally catches up with the actual location of the bike.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts