Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi new to the forum but have been lurking. I had a 2018 cheiftain and the navigation was spot on. On my 2020 challenger not so much. It loses the road and can stay off for a mile or two. Anyone else find it less than adequate? I've not had the dealer check yet, but interested in others opinions.

·
Bronze member
1,541 Posts
Ditto, same here....that's why I always mount my iphone with MAPS on my handlebars. I think there is a software glitch which has something to do with the voltage put out by our alternators causing this issue....but what do I know!??!!??!?

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I've specifically noticed it when navigating. I'll have to verify when not. You can see the pointer off to the side of the highway, and it will tell you to get back onto the route. I was hoping my bike had a bad gps sensor (replaceable) vs typical performance.

·
Registered
2020 Indian Challenger
1,308 Posts
I haven't used my GPS for navigation but I do have it up a lot while riding and haven't had it put me off path that I've noticed.

·
5 years +
178 Posts
I have noticed in going down the road that the pointer will very within my lane. I haven't seen anything more than that.

·
Registered
93 Posts
Yeah, my GPS was off so bad yesterday that I had to stop, pull over, and shut the bike off and restart it to get the GPS back on track again.

This is the second time that it's gotten off really bad like that.

I wonder were the receiver is located. It's getting interference from somewhere.

Sent from my SM-N976U using Tapatalk

1 - 9 of 9 Posts