Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of August's Ride of the Month Challenge!
281 - 300 of 316 Posts

·
Registered
currently without a bike .
66 Posts
Amen.
View attachment 664712 There's alot more than Nations of the Plains. The Northwest coastal range Tribes were mostly none nomadic so the art created could be more decorative in a permanent way. And without the Indian Wars we all got to embrace their culture as neighbors. However they still have been subjugated and put through wrongful B.S. My Wife's part Native and some of her family history is enough to make your stomach turn. It's hard to take even for a cold jack ass like I.
Remind me of totems in B.C. Canada.

·
Registered
currently without a bike .
66 Posts
Amen.
The four fenders of my 2000 Chief, plus the proud wear/display of a hawk feather sold to me by a Native American/Indian elder/lady of the Lakota Tribe. Indian garage art and the turkey feather rounds out the pics. Having lived in Kansas for almost 6 years, and in Oklahoma for 2 years, and now 20 years in Florida, I have had tons of conversations with locals. Those conversations brought me out of the history books into real life moments that provided me with the upmost respect for all Native Americans/Indians, no matter the tribe.

View attachment 667612
View attachment 667611
View attachment 667610
View attachment 667609 View attachment 667613

View attachment 667614
Absolutely beautiful.

·
Rider
454 Posts
Hairstyle Textile People in nature Plant Happy

Kind of indebted to Indian. Orignally bought it because it was American made, cool AF, and not a Harley (nothing against Harleys just wanted something less common). Studying the war bonnet on the gas tank a month or so after I got it, and I thought I need to learn something about the native Americans who lived around here and their history. That turned into something of passion as I was astounded to find I lived in the middle of an area with many significant Seminole Wars era homesites, battlefields, burials. Bought and read numerous books, and typical weeknd ride is out to one of the many marked, and in some cases, not so marked, sites. A very proud, never totally defeated people , with a sad, terrible, and heroic story mixed with our own.

281 - 300 of 316 Posts