Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter HERE for September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What's the difficulty on putting one of these back together once you have it apart? I've heard conflicting comments on the process with some of the comments stating that the top two bolts are difficult to realign once the nacelle is apart. Any truth to that?

·
Bronze member
1,197 Posts
I only removed the top bolts to install my Rokform phone mount and it was a job getting them aligned again. I will be opening the Nacelle again to get to the power source that I've heard is under there and maybe to roll the bars forward just a bit. I want to do it only once and get both tasks completed.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I only removed the top bolts to install my Rokform phone mount and it was a job getting them aligned again. I will be opening the Nacelle again to get to the power source that I've heard is under there and maybe to roll the bars forward just a bit. I want to do it only once and get both tasks completed.
That's exactly what I wanted to do. Normally I'd just dive right in but after hearing about the difficulties I'm wondering if I should take this to the dealer. Seems kind of silly to go that route though..

·
Bronze member
1,197 Posts
That's exactly what I wanted to do. Normally I'd just dive right in but after hearing about the difficulties I'm wondering if I should take this to the dealer. Seems kind of silly to go that route though..

I may do it myself as a winter project but would just as soon hand it off to the dealer at my next service in the spring.

·
Bronze member
2,455 Posts
What's the difficulty on putting one of these back together once you have it apart? I've heard conflicting comments on the process with some of the comments stating that the top two bolts are difficult to realign once the nacelle is apart. Any truth to that?
Much easier if you use the ball allen wrench that comes with the bike. 5mm I think, the long one.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I took off the top two bolts and the two halves pulled apart around 1/16 inch. Had to use a wood working clamp, one of those plastic ones that has a trigger like a caulking gun, to get the two halves realigned.

·
Founding Member/ Moderator Emeritus
4,874 Posts
What a PIA! I replaced a headlight bulb today and had to have help starting the top two exterior bolts on the nacelle. I compressed the nacelle pieces together and the Mrs. started the two bolts. I may need to find a good sized wood working clamp as @BFI 111 indicated for my future endeavours!!

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.