Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hello ladies, have any of you installed a new exhaust system to reduce heat output and if so how did you keep it from getting to loud? Asking for my wife. :rolleyes:

·
Registered
14 Posts
I have a Springfield Darkhorse and heat off the rear cylinder was a huge issue for me. My dealer recommended the Captain Itch heat shield - looks really nice and deflects the heat perfectly. May be an option if she doesn't want loud pipes.

Sent from my XT1650 using Tapatalk

·
German Rider
799 Posts
hello ladies, have any of you installed a new exhaust system to reduce heat output and if so how did you keep it from getting to loud? Asking for my wife. :rolleyes:

Pic from bike and wife needed for a qualified and correct answer !;):D

Cu
Sven

·
Registered
63 Posts
I watched videos to find one I could live with sound wise for my Scout. Maybe do the same for the Chieftain? A hot topic is getting rid of the catalytic converter in the stock exhaust system, and that's suppose to help without interfering with the performance.

I second the heat shield as well. It will help.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Have one on my roadmaster. Works very well and at speed to seems even cooler as it seems to catch some wind directing it to the engine

·
Registered
59 Posts
I have a 2018 Chieftain Limited and I purchased a Captain Itch Crotch Cooler aka heat shield and it really helps...no other mods were made. It looks great on my bike, looks like OEM accessory.
20180604_113629.jpg
20180604_113707.jpg

1 - 7 of 7 Posts