Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
1. It started as paint flaking off of my fairing on my 2014 Chieftain. REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY.
2. Font upgrade and factory alarm upgrade. REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY.
3. Key fob stopped working. REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY.
4. Front brake squeal at every stop. Front Caliper REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY.
5. Belt squeak and chirp. Belt, pulley, bearings, rear wheel damper REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY.

I brought my bike into the shop at he beginning of February. Being it is to cold to ride here, it was a good time to bring it in. Picked it up Saturday. My share of the bill........ZERO.

Sioux Falls Indian came through on the warranty claims.

·
Registered
1,673 Posts
I sure hope the heck that's not the usual timeline for work with Indian. I would expect it done in a few days after parts arrive, certainly no more than 1 week. Glad for you it's done and over with.

·
Bronze member
2,584 Posts
Had my foot board brackets replaced under warranty ,but they still say there's no issue with the rear pulley !

·
Banned
1,578 Posts
Service after the sale is THE most important part of maintaining a healthy relationship with your customers. Too bad so many dealers don't get it. It took months for the dealer I got mine from to acknowledge the minor problems that my bike has. All but one of them was caused by incompetence of an employee. I even looked him straight in the eye before I bought the bike and told him that service is what I value the most.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Had my foot board brackets replaced under warranty ,but they still say there's no issue with the rear pulley !

If you're bike sounds like a thousand mices crying while driving, it IS the rear pulley. Mine was replaced under warranty last fall and silence...........no more rubbing ivory soap on the belt. It IS the pulley! The new pulley has a different part number.

·
Registered
318 Posts
If they got a five year warranty they better be good with fixing stuff if they want to keep the customers!!

/Ken

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
2. Font upgrade and factory alarm upgrade. REPLACED UNDER WARRANTY.
I know about the alarm upgrade - (dealer didn't even know about it till I told him)
what's the Font upgrade? details?

·
Limited Edition - Solid Red Roadmaster
3,516 Posts
Chieftain dash screen font was increased with later firmware so it is easier to read for us old [email protected]! :)
I have an early 2015 Roadmaster - I did get the alarm upgrade but do not recall any font changes ---- is there a way to know if I have that or was it only for the earlier bikes?

·
Registered
294 Posts
After patiently waiting I am now having the tank replaced due to a flaw in the paintwork. . Dealer collected from my home and has restored my faith in them.. honesty is the best key and I thank them for it :)

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I believe the small font sizes were on the 2014 models. 2015 models had the upgrade. The alarm upgrade was late 2015 or 2016 models. Mine is a 2014 Chieftain.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Interesting that my 14 sounds funny unless I put soap on belt. Daytona and Ocala can't hear it but a new dealer is going to open in Jacksonville with different owners......maybe they will .....

·
Banned
1,841 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Interesting that my 14 sounds funny unless I put soap on belt. Daytona and Ocala can't hear it but a new dealer is going to open in Jacksonville with different owners......maybe they will .....
My dealer thought I was just talking and reading too much on the forum when I told him about the pulley and belt issue. I showed him a link to the forums where it was being discussed, and being replaced by other dealerships. They then turned around to Polaris and started asking more questions. To me it is Corporate Polaris trying to be silent to their dealers about it. I find out stuff on this forum before my dealership hears about it.

·
Registered
307 Posts
When and were is a dealer opening in Jacksonville Iv'e been hearing that rumer for over a year now.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts