Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of September's Ride of the Month Challenge!
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Oh my God! The squeeze and I took 3 days to ride to SW Colorado, one day included getting a tire change in Witicha. We've been at Kaiser's Kabins near The Black Canyon of the Gunnison. What a godsend! We had a flat tire on my trailer (apparently tires are an issue I hope is done) and the owner knew someone who could fix it at no charge. And the cabins here although only about 8 of them are very rustic and the setting is just beautiful. I can't say enough about this place and the management. If you are planning a trip out here I highly recommend stopping here. Follow your GPS though, I didn't just stumble on to the place. It's up on a Mesa surrounded by an Aspen forest.
Sky Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle
Sky Wheel Tire Cloud Vehicle
Picture frame Building Wood Interior design Hardwood
Tire Plant Wheel Vehicle Cloud

Attachments

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,091 Posts
Oh my God! The squeeze and I took 3 days to ride to SW Colorado, one day included getting a tire change in Witicha. We've been at Kaiser's Kabins near The Black Canyon of the Gunnison. What a godsend! We had a flat tire on my trailer (apparently tires are an issue I hope is done) and the owner knew someone who could fix it at no charge. And the cabins here although only about 8 of them are very rustic and the setting is just beautiful. I can't say enough about this place and the management. If you are planning a trip out here I highly recommend stopping here. Follow your GPS though, I didn't just stumble on to the place. It's up on a Mesa surrounded by an Aspen forest. View attachment 648713 View attachment 648713 View attachment 648714 View attachment 648715
The wife and I just got back last week from doing a week in northern CO. Stayed up by Rustic at Glen Echo off of hwy 14. Did not realize that that area of CO had some bad forest fires last year. It amazed me how the fire can torch some areas and leave others completely in tact. Spent a day up in Wyoming in the Sierra Madre range and also the Rocky Mountain National Park and finished up thru Estes Park. Also hit Rist Canyon. Some beautiful riding, tried to avoid the central part of the state, beautiful country out that way but ever since they legalized pot out there that area seems to be over populated. Too many bicyclist riding side by side who think they own the road. Hope you did not experience too much of that. Might do another trip out that way and do the southern area around Durango in a year or two. Dean

Sky Mountain Goggles Sunglasses Cloud Sky Water Mountain Ecoregion Plant Sky Jeans Mountain Ecoregion Cloud

Attachments

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
In a different century, a friend and I hiked through Rocky Mountain National and then toured the Estes Park area on our way home. I saw a house in a meadow there I just knew I wanted to live in. By the time we got home, the reservoir had broken and a boulder the size of a house rolled through my house in the meadow. Haven't been back since. Still want to return to Isabelle Glacier though. I think it was 1977 or 78.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts