Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey tribe! I wanted to share my take on activating your garage door like a boss. I'm aware there are other threads on this. Hopefully my guide will supplement the existing guides with detail and choice.

I stealthed a garage door opener on my VTX 1300C 10 years ago so, when I decided to buy my RM, stealthing a garage door opener on it was a top priority. :cool:

I created this guide using Microsoft Sway which seems to be a good medium for tutorials. It dynamically adjusts to your device/screen, has lots of images and is detailed. Might take you longer to read the guide than install your garage door opener.

·
Registered
407 Posts
Awesome guide! The link to the connector at Amazon has the message:
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.
But at least there are other connectors at the bottom of that page that will work.

·
Original member / Distinguished
5,906 Posts
Hey tribe! I wanted to share my take on activating your garage door like a boss. I'm aware there are other threads on this. Hopefully my guide will supplement the existing guides with detail and choice.

I stealthed a garage door opener on my VTX 1300C 10 years ago so, when I decided to buy my RM, stealthing a garage door opener on it was a top priority. :cool:

I created this guide using Microsoft Sway which seems to be a good medium for tutorials. It dynamically adjusts to your device/screen, has lots of images and is detailed. Might take you longer to read the guide than install your garage door opener.
Apparently it doesn't work for a Mac. All I get is a spinning bunch of dots in a circle. Similar to the spinning wheel when it's lost.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Apparently it doesn't work for a Mac. All I get is a spinning bunch of dots in a circle. Similar to the spinning wheel when it's lost.
Works good on this Mac! OS X El Capitan. Great write up. I'll be installing mine once the ice disappears.

·
5,906 Posts
Works good on this Mac! OS X El Capitan. Great write up. I'll be installing mine once the ice disappears.
Well what are you doing to get the file to actually execute? I'm on El Capitan as well and everything I do results in the spinning dots.

EDIT: Okay I got it to work. Apparently Firefox or my version of Firefox and it's add-ons doesn't like the document. Chrome worked just fine. So I assume Safari would too but it's so slow it's unusable on my machine.

Now.....back to reading.:D

·
5,906 Posts
Well now that I've read everything, I find it informative but not buying very much. I have basically the same remote and just velcro'ed the remote to the inside left lower fairing door.

In both cases at some point the battery must be changed. Had this write up included a way to allow for battery removal and using the bike battery as power supply it would have been much more valuable. It's still good and does allow the ride to no longer have to open a door of any kind.

But honestly if I went to that much trouble I would have preferred a more permanent installation of the remote. One where you don't have to replace the battery every 2 or 3 years depending on usage.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Well what are you doing to get the file to actually execute? I'm on El Capitan as well and everything I do results in the spinning dots.

EDIT: Okay I got it to work. Apparently Firefox or my version of Firefox and it's add-ons doesn't like the document. Chrome worked just fine. So I assume Safari would too but it's so slow it's unusable on my machine.

Now.....back to reading.:D
I use Chrome almost exclusively and sometimes when that doesn't work, Safari usually does......albeit slower as you noted.

·
Registered
343 Posts
Thanks man!!! I just did the install today....It works great!!!

·
Bronze member
1,338 Posts
So after installing my GDO (albeit on a Vintage), I'm sitting around with some buds and I exclaim "Man I put the greatest mod ever on my bike". One bud looks at me and without hesitation says "A solo seat"?. I just lost it. :D:D

1 - 12 of 12 Posts