Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I called Mean City Cycles today and spoke with Allen about modifying my stock seat. I spoke with him a few weeks ago and he had just received his Chieftain and modified it based off what little experiance he had during a few demo rides and at the time he didn't want to work on anybody elses seat till he found out if what he did was going to work or not. During todays talk he said the seat was working really well and he was actually come up with something else he wants to try to make the seat even better. When I asked him if he was ready to do a customers seat he said he was and offered to let me try out what he had come up with at a discounted cost which I jumped all over. The appointment date is December 11th and I should have my seat back by the 13th. This will be the third seat I have sent to him over a 6 year period and his business has grown by leaps and bounds and every time I have emailed or called he always responds directly which is pretty cool by todays standards. most guys get a big head and pass stuff off to hired flukeys. I've invited him to join this forum, he is on the Chief forum I know and goes by BadX so if you see BadX on here that is him ;)

V

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
I find the Chieftain's stock seat to be more comfortable that my old Electra Glide or my XCT. I can ride longer with less monkey butt.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
14087 said:
I find the Chieftain's stock seat to be more comfortable that my old Electra Glide or my XCT. I can ride longer with less monkey butt.
The stock seat isn't bad and I love the look but it just needs a little tweaking for me and plus I am having heat added to the driver and passenger seat. Heck for $330 it beats the heck out of buying a new seat and it will maintain the original look of the bike which is what I am wanting to do.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I will be doing the same thing. Improve the rider seat and heat for both. Have not spoke with Allen directly yet (just Internet) however this is just the ticket for me.

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Have had good luck with Allen at Mean City .. He's the Seat Wizard ..

Z

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I used Allen at Mean City for a Vulcan 2000 V-twin I used to have. He did great with me just sending in with a pic of me on the bike!
I have a local guy now in my area who I use all the time, but thumbs up for Mean City.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All I can say is WOW! The seat was delivered on Dec 10th to Mean City and on the 11th I got the call it was completed and shipping back and two days later I had it back on the bike. I didn't get to ride much the next week and didn't want to give any feedback but I did get to ride some this past weekend and rode several hours yesterday and just as advertised the seat keeps getting better and better. I have just under 500 miles on the re-worked seat and Allen said it would take 800-1000 to break in the new foam. I had the riding position lowered a 1/2' and moved back a 1/2' also plus narrowed it just a little in the thigh area to get my feet on the ground better.. The seat heaters are awesome, I wasn't sure about adding them but they work great and the wife actually enjoyed riding in the 40 temps yesterday. I have to give these a guys a big thumbs up and it was a lot cheaper than buying a aftermarket seat.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts