Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I ONLY want to hear from those of you that have Matte Finish paint, and what you've found to be the best Wash, Sealer & Detailer (in between washes) for your machine.

Thank you in advance for your feedback.

·
Rider
932 Posts
Many threads on here on this topic if you want more info but I personally use chemical guys meticulous matte wash, meticulous matte jet sealer, and meticulous matte between wash detailer. Stuff is awesome. You only apply the sealer once a year. The between wash detailer is the best stuff I have ever used! Spray a little bit on the bike and the bugs just wipe right off. In 15 minutes I can have the bike looking like I have labored for hours detailing it! Good stuff!

·
Founding member / Distinguished
2019 Roadmaster matte black and gray
3,057 Posts
Agreed with the chemical guys matte detailer. Bike just turned a year old, and that's all I've ever used on it, other than one full regular wash. Paint is still immaculate and looks great!

·
Rider
1,057 Posts
I personally like Wizzards Matte Paint Detailer.
Melts dirt and crud, bugs right off.
Never hose any of my bikes.
Start off with a water soaked towel laid across fairing and screen for few minutes if heavy bugs.
Follow up everywhere with the Wizzards.

·
Bronze member
5,082 Posts
My 2018 Dark Horse has over 50,000 kms of riding and only washed with plain ArmorAll car wash - the one with no wax. For a while I was using a Meguiars fancy detailer to finish but when that ran out I haven't bothered with another.

For the windshield I use Mr Sheen polish and sometimes use that on the fenders, bags etc to get rid of any watermarks if it's been sitting after rain.

The paint is still in top condition and has no shiny spots from wax or rubbing etc. The matte finishes seem to be very hardy and do not need extra special care.

·
Rider
1,057 Posts
i agree with the Dr. About the matt finish being pretty hardy.
This latest matt finish seems to be a harder finish then anything ive ever had in the past

·
Registered
182 Posts
When I had my Chieftain Dark Horse, I used RatWax Matte Wash and HDs Denim spray for between baths. The bike had to be washed every time I rode it for 6 months because of an oil leak I was dealing with at the time. Paint was still perfect when I traded it in at 20,000 miles. I now use Car Guys products on my Titanium Challenger.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts