Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Read Only
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
If you want a Yenko Camaro, you have to get it from Don Yenko Chevrolet.
In the motorcycle world, its Hollister Indian.
I have posted questions about paint and leather in the Chief Vintage forum. And VERY quickly I was informed about Hollister Indian.
So I was lucky enuff to get a load to Gilroy CA. Right next door is Hollister.
Upon getting to the dealership, I was happy to find I could park right on the road in front.
The place was absolutely 1st class! The first clerk i spoke to was a young girl. She was awesome. It was the second clerk Julie, that kicked off the party. She was very interested in my trip from Tulsa to visit them.
She suggested I visit with the "salesman" to talk about the build/purchase process.
The next thing I know, I am sitting in front of the Henchman of Hollister, none other than Hollister Harry!!
Holy crap!!!! This guy is notorious! I have read about him. And let me tell you, Hollister Harry is off the chain! This guy eats and sleeps and breathes Indians!
So off we went to tour the dealership. Words cant describe.
At the end, he says "I got someone I want you to meet". Then, BANG. I'm sitting in front of a real life Motorcycle Hall of Famer. THE GUY behind the rebirth of Indian. The LEGEND of Gilroy California.
REY SOTELO. Let that sink in for a bit.
This is unreal. Mr. Sotelo gives me a tour of the facility. Amazing history lesson I got there. Damned proud to be an American!
They have a skunk works where they make the magic happen. Their paint and leather work are second to none. Those guys are truly doing the Lords work there.
The cost of the bike after they smack into a Hollister Legend, is very minimal. Seriously. They do the behind the scenes legwork to bring the final cost down. HAND PAINTED war bonnets people!!
Their finance guy, Bill Symons, is a pure genius. He finances bikes every week, all over the country, the continent, and yes, the planet! If you want the best, get an Indian. If you want a LEGEND you had better call HOLLISTER INDIAN.
Do not settle. This is totally worth it. Painless. They do this every week.
These people treated a poor little trucker boy from Oklahoma as though it were Keanu Reeves standing there in there shop.
The shop was dark. Every one was gone at least 30-40 minutes. Mr. Sotelo and I were still running around checking out cool stuff, even if only by my flashlight.
If you want a Mustang, you goto Carrol Shelby.
If you want an Indian, you go to Rey Sotelo.
The LEGENDS only come from HOLLISTER INDIAN.

Attachments

·
331 Posts
Mike,
It was a pleasure having you to our DEalership. The Roadmaster we were huddled around is going tomorrow to another huge Fan of the Indian Motorcycle. If we couldn't build and paint Custom Indians we would probably just retire and fish hunt and play golf and bikes. There is an enjoyment of putting smiles on customers faces by creating the bike they dream of. Looking forward to doing a Vintage up for you and anyone else who wants their own creation.

Cheers, Harry

·
Read Only
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Harry, I might have shot myself in the foot here. Me and my son are looking for a Chief Vintage and a Scout Icon in the spring to deliver at your 2nd annual bash.
If this thread takes off, we might not get those bikes delivered until fall. When folks realize just how within their reach these rolling works of art are, you guys will be covered up with a long waiting list!

·
Registered
224 Posts
I happen to be in reno for next few months, looks like just over a 4 hour run to check this out, might give them a call and see if we can do some cams and tune while there on my RM, thanks for the insight

·
Administrator
14,797 Posts
Harry, you’ve built a dealership to be proud of. We hear nothing but good things about what you’ve done, and the team and the bikes that you’ve built. You exemplify what we — the riders — need from a dealer.

Kudos!!

·
Read Only
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
These guys are who any business that serves a customer base should strive to be.
If this were so, imagine what the world would be like!

·
Bronze member
1,191 Posts
These guys are who any business that serves a customer base should strive to be.
If this were so, imagine what the world would be like!

I grew up on a family business run by my Father, (GREAT Man!!!). He told me, "Always take care of someone like you were taking care of your Mom. If you wouldn't do it to your Mother, then don't do it to the customer". He ran a very successful business!!!!

I'm ecstatic to hear that Hollister Indian runs an exemplary business. I hadn't thought about having a bike shipped coast to coast...until now. Good job Harry!!!

·
Read Only
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
These guys have their game highly refined. They have only one, just 1 carrier that they allow to deliver their bikes. I spent a few hours there talking to them. I am absolutely confident that this buying experience will be one of the highlights of my life. This is exactly like doing the R8C Museum delivery option on a new C8 Corvette at the National Corvette Museum.
Even though they got this shipping thing down, you should get out there and meet the crew. Not every day you meet a pair of bigger than life characters like this!

·
Registered
466 Posts
We bought my wife's custom painted Chieftain from them this spring, it was a 17 on consignment from someone whom was giving up riding. It was a very easy process, Harry was great to deal with. The shipper was great, but it did take some time to get the bike as it was peak season. I would not hesitate to deal with them again, but would adjust my expectations on the time it takes to get the bike as it sat at 2 distribution points on the way to us in Ohio. If I buy another bike, it will probably be a custom painted one from them. Oh, and the shipping company only hires fellow riders, good folk.

·
Read Only
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
We would like to pick up our bikes at the bash. Ideally, we would get our 1st 500 outta the way and have Hollister do the initial service. This might not be realistic, but ideal nevertheless.

·
331 Posts
Thanks for all the Kudo's folks. We do try hard, And I admit we are not perfect. Dammit we try. Its easy in this world to rip on folks for their faults, but it takes a little extra to compliment and I personally appreciate it.
Do you plan on doing any custom paint jobs soon on 2020 Chieftain Classic models?
Take a look at our gallery on this website. I prefer to make the bike to your liking. I can also paint your existing bike. Design it, drive on in grab a bite to eat while I exchange tins.
I always have something in the works.

·
Read Only
209 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Harry, you are like a crack dealer. You entice em with a little taste. Then, whammo. You got em.
Those gallery files are nothing less than an emotional sensory overload! Like seriously dude.
I have always known motorcyclists are very emotionally attached to this lifestyle. They are as individual as pure snowflakes.
When I was a kid, you could go to Chevrolet and order your vehicle exactly the way you wanted it. That is sadly long gone in today's cookie cutter Manufacturing environment. It's about maximum production at maximum profitability.
What you folks are doing is like, back to the future! A buying experience from long long ago. You completely cater to the individualistic qualities of the Indian enthusiast. Which, to point out, the people choosing Indian are far from the everyday customer. These people are investing in quality in both the product and the buying experience!

·
Rider
1,100 Posts
Here's a bike they did that a gal pal of mine rides.Second picture is the day I rode it from dealership to her house so she could learn how to ride it. She last rode sport bikes over 20+ years prior. At Sturgis that bike got lots of attention from other women riders...
D47A2228-70FA-45D7-B7BC-2DA4FAECCC42.jpeg

D17D6A68-D914-40AA-9FB4-BA07E81F4687.jpeg

Reactions: Thunder Horse
1 - 20 of 26 Posts