Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
1,684 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
The heat is a literal convection oven. Dangerous for humans, not a problem for the metallic monster that is the Chief of Motorcycles.

Reactions: Geoff-3

·
Founding member
1,023 Posts
The Mrs and I were 'forced" to ride in 110°+ for about 3 hrs on our way to Arkansas a couple years ago... That's the trip our regulator went out just as we got to Rogers, AR... Thankfully Heritage Indian right there hooked us up!

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Most of the electronics are well shielded... but not the voltage regulator. They sometimes don't do so well when overheated. I think the ride-command displays are also known for going out of whack when overheated.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Lucky on my bike the only thing that quits in the Kansas sun sometimes is my GPS display. Got my face and scalp a bit toasted awhile back because I lost my headgear part way through a long ride. No fun with eyes swollen and an allergic sunburn reaction that lasted for more than a week.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
The bike doesn't miss a beat... but that kind of heat is for the birds!
The birds don't like it either..........they hide in whatever shade they can find, with their beaks hanging open.

·
Premium Member
1,216 Posts
Lucky on my bike the only thing that quits in the Kansas sun sometimes is my GPS display. Got my face and scalp a bit toasted awhile back because I lost my headgear part way through a long ride. No fun with eyes swollen and an allergic sunburn reaction that lasted for more than a week.
Believe it or not, a full face helmet in that kind of heat(dry) is far more comfortable than being directly exposed to it.

·
Registered
5,917 Posts
Believe it or not, a full face helmet in that kind of heat(dry) is far more comfortable than being directly exposed to it.
100% believe it! I also started carrying my helmet more often after that episode... just in case I lose my hat again!

·
Registered
636 Posts
111 thunder stroke, at 111 F at 5:55 PM that’s gotta mean something :eek:

·
Bronze member
2,126 Posts
I don’t think the heat issues are as bad as everyone says . But it’s all in what you’re used to . My last three Harley baggers ran pretty warm nothing I couldn’t deal with, that what I would consider as totally uncomfortable. I’ve read about it and finally got the chance to test it last month. On a 900 mile day with temps hovering between 93 and 97 I was fine. That’s on a 18 Chieftain limited no lowers of course. But again I believe what you came from mite also be the difference.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts