Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well new to me any way. I purchased a 1949 Indian Scout model 249 for me and my sons to restore. It is completely disassembled and actually it is kinda of a sad story the way it came to be in the condition it's in. A grandfather bought the Scout to restore it with his grandson and they took the bike apart. Shortly after the grandfather became ill and the the grandson went off to college so this poor old bike has sat in a warehouse for years before they decided to sell it. It is complete with the exception of the tailpipes and tail lens (which I have already located some used ones and some nos). So hopefully in a year or 2, my sons and I will have this old girl back on the road again. I will post pictures as the rebuild comes along.
upload_2014-11-23_8-34-8.jpeg

·
Registered
2,620 Posts
Nice find! I've done a few basket cases over the years and really enjoyed the challenge. Definitely send those pic's as you work on the restoration.

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Man, I read the title and was thinking some lucky person's 2015 Scout is coming lol Congrats on your Scout project and enjoy the resurrection. Look forward to seeing pics when it is done.

·
Founding member
1,763 Posts
Cool project. Be sure to keep us updated with lots of pictures.

·
Registered
738 Posts
Hockeyray,
Looks like a great project. Good luck and to paraphrase Geronimo, please keep us updated with progress and photos!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts