Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Founding member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking to get all the benefits of being a new Indian / Polaris owner. I created an account with the Rider x website linked from the Indian website. I'm not sure there are any worthwhile benefits to Riderx but I almost have to love the name. Anyway I digress. I registered my Scout in the garage section and learned a few things including my Scout's production date. 11/26. It arrived at the dealer 3 weeks later around 12/17. Right now it's 4 weeks old with 6 miles.

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
Cool Site this just might make an Interesting thread .. Mine was made December 5th and Took Delivery Dec 14th although was ready the afternoon of the 13th .. 700+ Miles on it Now .. Goal is to have at least 1,000 Miles on it by First Month Birthday Jan 5 ..

·
Registered
748 Posts
My was born on December 2 - the other thing i noticed on the x-rider site is I only have a 2 year warranty. What happened to the 5 year as promised?

·
Founding member
1,070 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
My was born on December 2 - the other thing i noticed on the x-rider site is I only have a 2 year warranty. What happened to the 5 year as promised?
Hey it's an automated website chill. I'm sure that you have your extended warranty. It's Christmas have a merry one relax and enjoy.

·
Registered
2018 Roadmaster
29 Posts
Thinking this is definately going to be a thread to keep up with. As I have yet to receive my bike, will be interesting to see how close from production date to delivery date Polaris/Indian will be able to maintain.

Looking to get all the benefits of being a new Indian / Polaris owner. I created an account with the Rider x website linked from the Indian website. I'm not sure there are any worthwhile benefits to Riderx but I almost have to love the name. Anyway I digress. I registered my Scout in the garage section and learned a few things including my Scout's production date. 11/26. It arrived at the dealer 3 weeks later around 12/17. Right now it's 4 weeks old with 6 miles.

·
Registered
558 Posts
Oh great... Now I get to see just how being one of the first people to reserve a 1st Run Scout gets to be shown by Polaris to be the last for production and last to be delivered. Sweet! Feeling pessimistic today...

·
Registered
558 Posts
Sorry Allen not my intention. :(
Wasn't aiming that at you Cameramanx. I had signed up on RiderX when I first reserved my Scout in hopes they would communicate via it during production and of course there is no info until you enter bike info.

What's pretty interesting is the birth dates and then reported delivery (or picked up based on the communication of the dealer to the buyer). I just wonder how they decided whose bike got built first? I don't expect anybody can really answer that question with any knowledge. It's a whole bunch of speculation like much of the mysterious Dealer/Polaris communications. And in all honesty doesn't really matter. In my mind, the 1st Run Reservation basically bought you a 5 year warranty (nothing to sneeze at), bragging rights that "I bought a 1st Run Scout" and that's just about it. The commemorative kit, who knows, pretty meaningless to me personally.

I think Polaris blew it personally. They could of really done this much better and it sounds like they learned nothing from the Chief delivery. In fact, it sounds to me like that was a much better experience especially them including a numbered bike.

Back to Rider-X. I do feel it's pretty cool to have that information available on the site. Makes the experience feel very personal.

Hope your bike is proving to be everything you wanted and hoped for. Be interested to hear your experiences in the first few days and over time.

Stay safe, keep the rubber on the road. - Allan :D

Reactions: JayFL459 and elrod

·
Premium Member
2,836 Posts
Born 4 Dec, arrived 12 Dec

·
Registered
122 Posts
Mine Born Nov 24, arrived Dec 12

·
Registered
39 Posts
Vin... The magic vin. Cant do much without the vin. Almost 4 months waiting for the vin. My guess is I will be #1042. Anyone else care to take a guess at theirs? Oh and I think her birthday will be 12-21.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Sorry Ryan was my intention to place salt in he wound. I only wanted to inform all owners that the option is there for the taking if they want it when it becomes available to them...:(

·
Distinguished Founding Member
5,337 Posts
As far as Vin Numbers go I haven't seen a Vin# Higher than mine out yet on the Thread showing them .. But also heard they have been randomized .. But do it is cool they show the actual day of Production and not just the Month as usually is as close as you get on some VIN's ..

1 - 18 of 18 Posts