Indian Motorcycle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  • Garage door opener falls deep in pocket .
  • more space for my cigars
what you need

• 3M tape
  • that extra garage opener you never use at the top of your tool box
Benefits

• cheap
  • cheap
  • cheap
IMG_0971.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
64 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3

·
Bronze member
1,314 Posts
Lightower, hope you don't get stuck in a rainstorm!!! Great idea....but not for ALL riding occasions. Just saying. I just paid the $100.00 for the Indian garage door opener module. Was worth every dollar!!!

·
Registered
58 Posts
If water is an issue, just stick it to the inside of one of the cubbies.. maybe upside down on the door or top if there's room for easier access to the storage part.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Lightower, hope you don't get stuck in a rainstorm!!! Great idea....but not for ALL riding occasions. Just saying. I just paid the $100.00 for the Indian garage door opener module. Was worth every dollar!!!
$100...on what planet ? Not around here .

·
Rider
880 Posts
I think Velcro would have been a better option. That way you can store it in the bag when off the bike and when it's raining. If I found out where you lived and stole your opener... well you know.

·
Registered
58 Posts
You can probably remove the chip and seal it in a shrink wrap before putting it back in the case too, then it's "weather proof". I just took mine out and stuck it in my full face helmet, been working fine for years now (just had to replace an old battery at some point). Mine was a smaller one though.

·
Premium Member
950 Posts
In a perfect world, your idea would be great however, we don't live in a perfect world today. With the opener exposed on your bike, someone can just remove the garage door opener from the bike dash when you are not present. Then once they have the opener they also have a way into your garage and house (that is if your garage is connected to your house) if they know where you live. If I was a crook, I would steal the opener and then follow you home in another vehicle. So when you're not home, I could return and simply open the garage door and bingo I'm in. Just my 2 cents.

·
Silver member
3,863 Posts
  • Garage door opener falls deep in pocket .
  • more space for my cigars
what you need

• 3M tape
  • that extra garage opener you never use at the top of your tool box
Benefits

• cheap
  • cheap
  • cheap
View attachment 605652

From reading the responses it's obvious yer quite nutz.... it's way too low tech, simple and straight forward, and too inexpensive too!! :sneaky::p:ROFLMAO:

I was able to wire an extra garage door opener into the right side handlebar unused switch on my '15 Vintage. Before wiring the opener to the switch I'd just clip it to the top of the windshield bag. Simple and works right is a good thing :giggle:

·
Founding member / Distinguished
4,312 Posts
I attached my Liftmnaster opener remote to the right handlebar of my Scout. Somebody would have to unscrew and unbend the bracket that goes around the handlebar to steal it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts