Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Founding member / Distinguished
1,956 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I love using my iPad 'Maps' for navigation, but there's no mounting Point on my Vintage.

As I sit on my bike and think about the issue, it seems that it would be possible to mount the iPad on the back of the windscreen. What is needed is a light (aluminium) bracket into which the iPad could slide and sit. The bracket could use the existing bolts as anchors.

This would be a perfect set up for the iPad... Easy on/off, and out of the weather and bug zone. Also, it would sit at the bottom of my line of sight, and allow me to check my navigation without taking my eyes from the road.

Has anyone else thought about this? Better still, has anyone DONE anything about such an arrangement?

·
Founding member / distinguished
2,762 Posts
Ram Mounts has iPad mounting systems. Most of their mounting hardware is modular and a custom mount is pretty easy. I was able to get separate parts to mount my Zumo the way I wanted it.
Their website is somewhat difficult if you are looking for individual mounting pieces, but Amazon lays them out pretty well.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts