Indian Motorcycle Forum banner
  • Hey everyone! Enter your ride HERE to be a part of MAY's Ride of the Month Challenge!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey all,
Thought I would throw up some pictures of my Dark Horse that I have been enjoying since I purchased it a month ago. I finally was able to find used bags on eBay to throw on it so that I can use it to run errands and commute to work. I think they go really well with the bike and are very functional for what I need.
[/URL][/IMG]

So far the Dark Horse has been phenomenal, I'm able to have the windshield on for longer highway rides and can take it off in 10 seconds to bomb around on the back roads on my days off from work. Mechanically speaking, it hasn't had any sort of malfunctions or anomalies - phew.
[/URL][/IMG]

I have close to 2k miles and am getting around 39-40mpg for those that would like to know. If I could find one single thing to complain about it would be that my stock setup (performance wise) runs pretty warm on hot days; to be expected - certainly not enough to warrant me changing my pipes etc etc out. Cruise control works as it should on the highway, comfy floor boards, just a real pleasure to be aboard this beastly 111 Thunder stroke machine. I plan on taking some full day trips this summer with some of the other IMRG members - I would consider them an extension of my family at this point. Anyway thanks for reading, coming from Harley's in the past I felt compelled to type up a post on just how pleased I have been with the bike so far. Enjoy the photos!

This last photo was at my local dealer- they had an open house for all makes and models with great free food ice cream, music and people.

·
Registered
554 Posts
Yep, they're hot. It's a big engine to be air cooled....I did change pipes and it helped but it's still hot. And going to be, that heat has to go somewhere!

·
Registered
3,448 Posts
Hey all,
Thought I would throw up some pictures of my Dark Horse that I have been enjoying since I purchased it a month ago. I finally was able to find used bags on eBay to throw on it so that I can use it to run errands and commute to work. I think they go really well with the bike and are very functional for what I need.
Real good choice on the bags. Nice blend.

Reactions: Delro91

·
Bronze member
2020 Roadmaster Darkhorse
1,210 Posts
Maybe a blacked out highway bar so you can kick your feet up, into the "harley ready position" as I call it. Then you can get some wind up your pant legs? I just bought the crotch coolers from one of our vendors here. Looking forward to getting them installed.

·
Registered
279 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Maybe a blacked out highway bar so you can kick your feet up, into the "harley ready position" as I call it. Then you can get some wind up your pant legs? I just bought the crotch coolers from one of our vendors here. Looking forward to getting them installed.
Great idea @SubDude - the whole heat issue really doesn't bother me, I just wanted to try and nit pick for the sake of this post :) I have been thinking about the highway bars for my bike though; the added comfort would be welcome for the longer trips. Then again I also want an LED headlight and gas gauge:oops:

·
Registered
1,603 Posts
Hey all,
[/URL][/IMG]

So far the Dark Horse has been phenomenal, I'm able to have the windshield on for longer highway rides and can take it off in 10 seconds to bomb around on the back roads on my days off from work. Mechanically speaking, it hasn't had any sort of malfunctions or anomalies - phew.
[/URL][/IMG]

I have close to 2k miles and am getting around 39-40mpg for those that would like to know. If I could find one single thing to complain about it would be that my stock setup (performance wise) runs pretty warm on hot days; to be expected - certainly not enough to warrant me changing my pipes etc etc out. Cruise control works as it should on the highway, comfy floor boards, just a real pleasure to be aboard this beastly 111 Thunder stroke machine. I plan on taking some full day trips this summer with some of the other IMRG members - I would consider them an extension of my family at this point. Anyway thanks for reading, coming from Harley's in the past I felt compelled to type up a post on just how pleased I have been with the bike so far. Enjoy the photos!

This last photo was at my local dealer- they had an open house for all makes and models with great free food ice cream, music and people.
Delro 91 your Dark Horse is a very nice machine!
Bags definitely suit. Enjoy all that life has to offer. And your Dark Horse is something to enjoy for sure.
Ride safe

·
Registered
2,543 Posts
Hey all,
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Sometimes I look at all my chrome and say to myself WTF were you thinking... then I think.. It`s ok lots of cleaning but I love the chrome. Nice bike done up well. Congrats!

·
Registered
54 Posts
Looking good bags looks good to I though long and hard about Dark Horses but I just retired and RM more practical for me

·
Registered
41 Posts
IMG_1772.PNG
Hey all,
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

Yessir I'm pretty happy with my DH except for me losing the right saddle bag yesterday that sucks waiting to see what the dealer is going to tell me about the warranty..but no complaints rides like a BOSS

Attachments

·
Registered
41 Posts
Hey all,
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

The rider backrest you have how is it ? I want one but don't want to pay 3bills for it

1 - 16 of 16 Posts